• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    Apparently vendors are having to bid on ammo now... This was in my inbox...

Is anyone really stupid enough to pay $600/1000 for FMJ? Scottsdale just sold out of Magtec this morning; it was $349/1000.

We will start shipping this 45 ACP ammo from Federal on 4-22
    Very limited quantity.

Anyone wonder why we have 45 and nobody else does?
    We were the high bidder. That's right...the high bidder.

Certain calibers are still in very short supply and will stay this way for many more months until the factory can catch up.

NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS

FEDERAL AMERICAN EAGLE .45 ACP
    230 GRAIN - BOXER PRIMED BRASS
    FMJ = FULL METAL JACKET

Manufactured under Federal's American Eagle brand, this product is brand new, brass-cased, boxer-primed, non-corrosive, and reloadable. It is a staple range and target practice ammunition.

This is top of the line, American-made range ammo made by ATK (same company that makes Speer Lawman, CCI, Blazer Brass, etc) - it doesn't get any better.

Part Number #45-AE230GR- 250, -500, -1000

FastLink:
    http://www.ammoman. com/webstore_ 45.htm

$179-250 DELIVERED
    $339-500 DELIVERED

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Maybe I am going a little too far back but is that not a tad high? I thought the UMC 250 packs were only about $80-90 for 250.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I remember when a 50rd box of American Eagle .45ACP cost $10. 500 rds was like $95.
    And this was only like 2 or 3 years ago! I'm glad I stocked up back then. I'm not shooting as much as I used to, I'm going to try to make it last a few more years.:cool:

64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    Well, I'm dumbfounded to say the least. People actually paid $600/case for FMJ ammo.

Another online vendor has the same ammo for $409/case and PMC for $370/case. I'm nearly speechless...

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Well, I'm dumbfounded to say the least. People actually paid $600/case for FMJ ammo.

Another online vendor has the same ammo for $409/case and can't get rid of it. I'm nearly speechless...

They can keep it at those prices.

They're selling themselves short. If nobody can afford to shoot, nobody will get into the hobby, sport or whatever it is you wish to call it. Years from now there will be 1/4 of the active shooters we have today.

Then the tables will turn; ammo will get dirt cheap, but there won't be many people left to buy it.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I LOVE shooting our .45's but, I can stick with smaller calibers at those prices. With a small 9mm I still get some recoil and the .45 can just stay in the nightstand for now.

Plus, I'm not buying the story.

Splitter

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Good thing I got the .40 instead of .45 ;)

Seems like other ammo prices are leveling out or coming down some. Availability for 5.56 and pricing has become better in the last 3 months.

VTHokie7

Feb 10, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Nope, you're right, and not too far back either. I paid $84 plus tax for Rem UMC 250 pack FMJ at Wal-mart last weekend.

There were 3 of these packs for $84 at the Cockeysville Walmart tonight. I am pretty stocked up on 45 so I passed, but in case any MD Shooters are interested..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom