• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    Please move this post if three is a better spot for this rant.

I'd like to share my experience with dealing with http://www.budsgunshop.com

Not too long ago I purchased a bunch of stuff from the web site including a $10 front sight for my wheel gun. The sight came defective in a torn package. So when I tried mounting it on my gun it didn't fit perfectly leaving a small gap near the base. That was about a month ago. I tried calling them.. and the phone lines are permanently busy with a recorded message instructing me to try some other time, I tried emailing them.. and after two weeks of no answer I received an email from the site basically telling me that if the package is not open they'll accept a return for 10% restocking fee !!

I sent them a reply basically telling them what they can do with their 10% restocking fee on a defective $10 item that already came in an open package.

Hopefully next month they'll get around to replying to that email.

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Please move this post if three is a better spot for this rant.

I'd like to share my experience with dealing with http://www.budsgunshop.com

Not too long ago I purchased a bunch of stuff from the web site including a $10 front sight for my wheel gun. The sight came defective in a torn package. So when I tried mounting it on my gun it didn't fit perfectly leaving a small gap near the base. That was about a month ago. I tried calling them.. and the phone lines are permanently busy with a recorded message instructing me to try some other time, I tried emailing them.. and after two weeks of no answer I received an email from the site basically telling me that if the package is not open they'll accept a return for 10% restocking fee !!

I sent them a reply basically telling them what they can do with their 10% restocking fee on a defective $10 item that already came in an open package.

Hopefully next month they'll get around to replying to that email.

If you bought it with a credit card...dispute it with them...money talks.

:party29:

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    If you bought it with a credit card...dispute it with them...money talks.

:party29:

Diesel-man brings up a good point. Dispute the charges, since the service you expected rendered (A quality sight in an unopened package) wasn't rendered. Keep any correspondence with the company, as well as pictures of what was advertised v. what you got. Just in case.

Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with them. I have dealt with them a few times and never had a problem. However, I never had to try to get in touch with a real human being. It really sucks that you have to go through this, but is it really worth the hassle for something that is $10? The only problem I have ever had is that a certain IP will not accept a transfer from them.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I ordered a 1100k rounds of PMC 55gr .223 ammo ($420)and recieved a 1100k rounds of federal premium 308 165 grain or the sierra game..I ordered this when ammo was through the roof in price. I even called them and left them 3 messages to get it straightened out. So after a month I decided if they do not worry about it why should I. I mean I will take a $30 box of ammo compared to an $8 any day of the week.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have purchased 2 firearms from them, no problems except that their advertised price doesn't include 3% CC fee. Keep us updated though.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I ordered a 1100k rounds of PMC 55gr .223 ammo ($420)and recieved a 1100k rounds of federal premium 308 165 grain or the sierra game..I ordered this when ammo was through the roof in price. I even called them and left them 3 messages to get it straightened out. So after a month I decided if they do not worry about it why should I. I mean I will take a $30 box of ammo compared to an $8 any day of the week.

Whoa! You got over 1 million rounds of 308 for $420...

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    And I thought the 30,000 round 5.56 group buy we had was a big deal. 1100k. Wow, I don't know if I have enough space for that.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I almost bought stuff off of buds gun shop, but that little tricky extra 3% fee that they hide really turned me off to them. Just seems kind of shady to me and probably against the terms of service of their merchant agreement with their credit card processors.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Yeah, according to Visa, they can't charge a fee to use the card. They can, however, give a cash discount.

MH

bward1028

Dec 27, 2010
    PG County
    i didnt find the 3% that bad. i get 1% back from my card so it was only two for me. add to that the convenience of getting the order processed right away and i didnt see that much of a problem. although if i was spending $1000+ it might be a different story.
    then again, if i could (or was going to) spend $1000 plus at buds, and extra 2% would be the least of my worries.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    i didnt find the 3% that bad. i get 1% back from my card so it was only two for me. add to that the convenience of getting the order processed right away and i didnt see that much of a problem. although if i was spending $1000+ it might be a different story.
    then again, if i could (or was going to) spend $1000 plus at buds, and extra 2% would be the least of my worries.

It wasn't really the amount of the fee that turned me off, it was the sneaky way they have it implemented.

They advertise low prices as an online shop but those low prices have additional fees unless you use cash????? How many people pay cash at an online store??? Better yet, what % of their sales are CASH??? I bet less and 3 % of their sales are cash sales.

The advertised prices should be the price a normal majority of the customers pay when shopping at the site.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    try
    jet guns www.jetguns.com
    used them a few times no cc fee free shipping and oh yea call them since the run out of a retail store and u can speak with a live person. they also are very responsive to email.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Only had 1 purchase from them and used a personal check. They have a 5 day wait for personal checks to clear and since I'm cheap and wasn't in a hurry it was OK for me. Their eMail notifications of the process was good and the XDM arrived just as scheduled.

I'll use them again as long as they have good prices.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Rather deal with our IPs, Brownell's, Cabelas, Gander, Natchez, MidSouth before I would deal with Bud's.

Low price is quickly forgotten when the service sucks.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It wasn't really the amount of the fee that turned me off, it was the sneaky way they have it implemented.

They advertise low prices as an online shop but those low prices have additional fees unless you use cash????? How many people pay cash at an online store??? Better yet, what % of their sales are CASH??? I bet less and 3 % of their sales are cash sales.

The advertised prices should be the price a normal majority of the customers pay when shopping at the site.

This, I was like damn that is a cheap price, a good $200+ cheaper, then once you get to the pay,net section they hit you with it. The guns shipped quick though.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I've never had a problem ordering from them. It clearly says cash discounted price under the price of the gun. No different than what 2A does. Pay with credit card, you get one price, pay with cash, you get another. Actually a lot of gun shops do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom