• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chriskat

Nov 1, 2009
    Does anyone know how early one is allowed to renew their HQL? My expires in January 2024 and I tried to renew today and was not able too. I want to give it more than 14 days :)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MSP web site only states
    IMG_0667.png
    you should apply at least 14 days prior to expiration. I waited until I received the renewal email from MSP

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Does anyone know how early one is allowed to renew their HQL? My expires in January 2024 and I tried to renew today and was not able too. I want to give it more than 14 days :)
    You will receive an email from MSP. They give plenty of time to renew but don't procrastinate, because renewal has to be submitted prior to 14 days before expiration date. I just renewed last night and the renewal license portal is a pain in the neck.

chriskat

Nov 1, 2009
    Thanks, I don't think I'll wait for the email. I'll just try once in a while until it's available for renewal.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Do they even send cards out anymore? I renewed about a month ago. I am approved and it shows my next renewal is 2033. Yet, no card has arrived in the mail.

Where’s the clown car…? :lol2:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I let mine expire and tried to renew online, but there was no option to do so. I submitted a new application for one. Any idea if they'll charge me $20 or $50?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Do they even send cards out anymore? I renewed about a month ago. I am approved and it shows my next renewal is 2033. Yet, no card has arrived in the mail.

Where’s the clown car…? :lol2:

You should have or will receive an email with an attached .pdf. The .pdf will have your info including your number. No more physical card.

I noticed the date change on the portal (I was stalking it) when I renewed and received the email a few days later.

ETA: email subject: HQL License Letter

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    You should have or will receive an email with an attached .pdf. The .pdf will have your info including your number. No more physical card.

I noticed the date change on the portal (I was stalking it) when I renewed and received the email a few days later.

ETA: email subject: HQL License Letter

Nope; didn’t even get the reach around email
    :/

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Does anyone know how the renewal works if you are now exempt from the $20 fee but you weren't when you originally applied? I refuse to give the state more money than is required.

When I applied for my HQL 10 years ago, I didn't have a carry permit and had to jump through hoops to get my HQL. Now I have my carry permit, so I should be exempt from the $20 fee.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Does anyone know how the renewal works if you are now exempt from the $20 fee but you weren't when you originally applied? I refuse to give the state more money than is required.

When I applied for my HQL 10 years ago, I didn't have a carry permit and had to jump through hoops to get my HQL. Now I have my carry permit, so I should be exempt from the $20 fee.

I was in the same boat as you. HQL renewal is not free even with a W&C permit. Only an initial HQL request.

It’s still unclear to me what happens if you let your HQL expire and then reapply having a W&C…

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    You will get one for free. The law only offers a free new issue, not a renewal
    I don't wonder if there was no provision for a free renewal because they didn't expect the damn thing to pass constitutional muster and figured it would be struck down before renewals started.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It’s more like they are gun grabbing thieves who figured they gave you one for free and now you can pay for the rest. Once they have you they know you’ll be back

The MGA does not consider constitutionality when passing legislation. Look no further than FSA 2013 and SB1

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It’s more like they are gun grabbing thieves who figured they gave you one for free and now you can pay for the rest. Once they have you they know you’ll be back

The MGA does not consider constitutionality when passing legislation. Look no further than FSA 2013 and SB1
    Hope you're doing well my friend, and fingers crossed you can make it to Pub Dog this Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom