• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    submitted 8/14 same 3 still incomplete, JIS, CJIS, NICS.

I have emailed, called ....nada

I must say it is tough watching others get their card in hand weeks after I submitted.....

Last edited:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    my DC approval went much much faster, it's cool though im sure they will get it done in the time required by law.
    I would think the online computerized hql system would be faster than the offline system that is used to approve DC status.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    submitted 8/14 same 3 still incomplete, JIS, CJIS, NICS.

I have emailed, called ....nada

I must say it is tough watching others get their card in hand weeks after I submitted.....

I would be calling supervisors left and right about now advising them they need to get their "stuff" together.

My CJIS says incomplete but when you read incomplete at the bottom of their site it says more info needed so I have called twice saying hey what can I add and both times told don't worry.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Mailing the card can take up to 2 weeks.

And FFL was not supposed to sell you the firearm without the card in hand.

When the program first started, MSP said HQL number was fine to do paperwork, but card in hand to pick up. But later changed to card must be in hand to do paperwork.

Is there a MSP bulletin or something else in writing stating the HQL card must be in hand to start paperwork? I've read other people claim the same thing. I am not saying it isn't true, I would just like a hard copy to have.

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    So since everything I have read says we need to have the card in hand to purchase, does this mean that they have 30 days to get us a card or is it 30 days to approve/deny it?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I would be calling supervisors left and right about now advising them they need to get their "stuff" together.

My CJIS says incomplete but when you read incomplete at the bottom of their site it says more info needed so I have called twice saying hey what can I add and both times told don't worry.

Just got home and I have an active HQL #!!! :party29:

Submitted 8/14-Active HQL # 9/10

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    So since everything I have read says we need to have the card in hand to purchase, does this mean that they have 30 days to get us a card or is it 30 days to approve/deny it?

I am still looking for something in writing confirming one needs the card before doing paperwork.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It doesn't matter if it is writing or not, if MSP told the dealers that it is, they will require it.

Of course you could always find a dealer that did not get the word, or doesn't care. Ask your FFL.

Is it that hard to wait a bit to get the card?????

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    It doesn't matter if it is writing or not, if MSP told the dealers that it is, they will require it.

Of course you could always find a dealer that did not get the word, or doesn't care. Ask your FFL.

Is it that hard to wait a bit to get the card?????

I work for a FFL and got a HQL in October. We haven't received anything in writing requiring us to have the card before executing paperwork. It doesn't mean we aren't doing it, but everyone is saying this with no confirmation I can find.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well just got my letter sayng my CJIS was completed and what do you know a guy doing things the right way isn't a felon however my MDSP checklist says CJIS is incomplete.

Venkman

Apr 25, 2013
    Quick question -

I got officially fingerprinted and got a ref# a while back and then got caught up in some serious family emergencies that needed to be addressed, so I didn't get around to submitting my HQL form online for a couple of months.

Does our window for applying after fingerprinting expire? Do we have to apply within a certain time period? Do I have to go get fingerprinted again? My prints don't change, but I suspect that the process is written in such a way that I'll have to pay for that BS again. I can't blame anyone but myself, but hey, life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. ;)

Thanks!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Quick question -

I got officially fingerprinted and got a ref# a while back and then got caught up in some serious family emergencies that needed to be addressed, so I didn't get around to submitting my HQL form online for a couple of months.

Does our window for applying after fingerprinting expire? Do we have to apply within a certain time period? Do I have to go get fingerprinted again? My prints don't change, but I suspect that the process is written in such a way that I'll have to pay for that BS again. I can't blame anyone but myself, but hey, life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. ;)

Thanks!

My understanding of it is that you must submit your application within 72 hours of having your fingerprints taken.

Venkman

Apr 25, 2013
    My understanding of it is that you must submit your application within 72 hours of having your fingerprints taken.

Really? Holy smokes. just found the documentation on mdsp.org.

Ah well, my own dumb fault. Gotta go get fingerprinted again and waste another $60 or so. It was so convenient because it was at a gunshow last time while I was hunting for decently priced ammo. Literally on the way home from that show my life got turned upside down and the HQL was quickly forgotten.

Dang.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That was a requirement for a MD carry permit. not sure if it applies for the HQL. A couple of folks waited more than 72 hours and it went through ok.

worth a try IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom