• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Received card today, 33 days exactly from filing application to card in hand.

As for the guy who is calling people "defeatists", filing a lawsuit just isn't an option for most of us.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Called my FFL today, so I could do the paperwork on the PPK/S he's held hostage for a month. Guess what? He's to F****** busy today to do it. :tdown::mad54:

dcfdgfo

Jan 5, 2015
    Applied 12/13, approved on 1/7, card in hand on 1/17, now if Glock blue label would just ship my G22, I'd be shitting in high cotton

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011

As for the guy who is calling people "defeatists", filing a lawsuit just isn't an option for most of us.

I get where he's coming from and I agree...it's just that I don't have any faith in our politicians to actually do something that doesn't benefit them directly.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

That was me, and I clearly stated these are personal choices (I did not file a lawsuit despite legal advice to do so after my handgun permit denial hearing, because I did not have the finances to support a case).

Complaining here, without being an advocate for our rights with the folks charged by oath with protecting said rights, is tilting at windmills. Sure, we are a kindred crowd, will read the comments, and many will agree with the overstepping of authority. I get that the community at large does not trust the legislature - newsflash: I don't either and I worked for a legislator last year. Like I said - I can GUARANTEE that NOTHING will change with the legislature if the legislators can reliably state that they have not heard enough outcry from their constituents. This was our largest issue with FSA 2013 - we came out in droves (estimates of several thousand for the hearing dates); when push came to shove, too many legislators (when we polled some of their staff for data points) were able to claim that they did not hear from many of their constituents. They heard from us when we were there, but they did not hear those cries repeated from their other constituents, making it easy to ignore on a sheer numbers basis.

We, as a community, need to be effective and need to start shining the light on the rats. Rats like darkness, they like hiding, they don't like being exposed for what they are. Not calling out the MSP (in general, not claiming that any particular individual trooper has an ill-intent here) on this issue is letting the rats lie in the dark.

Augustus

Dec 17, 2014
    That was me, and I clearly stated these are personal choices (I did not file a lawsuit despite legal advice to do so after my handgun permit denial hearing, because I did not have the finances to support a case).

Complaining here, without being an advocate for our rights with the folks charged by oath with protecting said rights, is tilting at windmills. Sure, we are a kindred crowd, will read the comments, and many will agree with the overstepping of authority. I get that the community at large does not trust the legislature - newsflash: I don't either and I worked for a legislator last year. Like I said - I can GUARANTEE that NOTHING will change with the legislature if the legislators can reliably state that they have not heard enough outcry from their constituents. This was our largest issue with FSA 2013 - we came out in droves (estimates of several thousand for the hearing dates); when push came to shove, too many legislators (when we polled some of their staff for data points) were able to claim that they did not hear from many of their constituents. They heard from us when we were there, but they did not hear those cries repeated from their other constituents, making it easy to ignore on a sheer numbers basis.

We, as a community, need to be effective and need to start shining the light on the rats. Rats like darkness, they like hiding, they don't like being exposed for what they are. Not calling out the MSP (in general, not claiming that any particular individual trooper has an ill-intent here) on this issue is letting the rats lie in the dark.

why was your hql permit denied????
    If you care to share....

Aside from the wait, the process was not that big of a deal as far as I'm concern.....

A.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Got it...:thumbsup:
    I thought that(carry license) was nearly impossible for most Md resident to get.....

A.

It is, unless you are in one of the "special" classes of people - politicians, judges, LEOs, rich people, etc. If you are one of the pee-ons (pun intended), you have no justifiable right to a carry permit.

Dec 21, 2014
    However, while it feels like nothing will change, I can guarantee you that NOTHING will change in the MGA if people do not mail letters, send emails, call, or, best of all, show faces in their offices and discuss the issues (politely and respectfully - even if you disagree with your legislator, respect the office to which he/she was elected).

Well said! :thumbsup:

Dec 21, 2014
    We could inform the local media about how MSP isn't complying with the new Maryland gun laws.

Not a terrible idea, but maybe futile as some have pointed out. Aybe some delegates or reps would be interested in the data point.

Or even better we could organize a protest outside a MSP station and inform the local media about the protest.

I'd recommend not. I believe the majority of troopers are not problem. The "MSP" that is the problem is the very high leadership, not the barracks.

giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    Not a terrible idea, but maybe futile as some have pointed out. Aybe some delegates or reps would be interested in the data point.

I'd recommend not. I believe the majority of troopers are not problem. The "MSP" that is the problem is the very high leadership, not the barracks.

I wasn't trying to say it was the officers working at MSP that were the problem. I suggested it as a way to raise awareness about the ridicules law and that its not working the way it was written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom