• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Y'all that are stuck waiting are gonna be annoyed.
    Applied this Monday 11/10/14
    Active as of today 11/12/14

Two days. Nothing was checked until this morning, and by this afternoon it was active. Just to offer info for comparison, I have a very unique last name, I did include my SSN, I used a serial # from a handgun I've owned for years and of which I am the original/only owner. Also I've done a 77r on a c&r piece sans HQL within the last year.

Now we'll see how long the card takes.(and hopefully my mail carrier delivers it to the right address)

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    I applied 11/06 and am still awaiting the cjis, ncis to goto complete. I have a common name but used my ss #, and the serial number of a pre law handgun. I also have a stet docket incident for harassment but that wont get me denied because its not a conviction and it is not punishable by more than a year in jail, nor is it a disqualifying crime.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    10/10/14 - Applied for HQL
    11/6/14 - Active
    11/12/14 - Card Arrived (postmarked 11/10/14)
    11/12/14 - 77R for my new Ruger SR9

For comparison:
    10/23/14 - Mailed C&R application to ATF
    10/27/14 - Credit card charged
    11/3/14 - C&R Arrived

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Terms?

Them saying crimes punishable for over a year, isn't that the same as saying felony? I was convicted of poss of marijuana over 10 years ago, but it was a misdeamenor and, I don't think that classifies. Is this correct? Sry rushing on mobie.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No, some misdemeanors sentences can be more than a year. That's why they specify the possible sentencing penalty rather than the type of crime.

It can differ from state to state too.

IANAL

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    Do you know how the MSP secondary transfer would go? Would they be requiring a HQL at the time of transfer?

Licensing in pikesville states that they would request a HQL at a msp barracks. The Lower was registered as Other to begin with so the assumption would be with the intent that it would indeed become a pistol.

iSpriggz

Nov 11, 2014
    Applied 10/18
    Active 11/14

Wasn't active this morning so they actually waited until the very last minute of the 30 day period. They don't process on weekends so today was the last day. Seems weird that some are approved and HQL in hand within a week, and some (like myself) have to wait the entire 30days and still wait longer for it to be shipped.

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Approved

After:

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/23/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/23/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/23/14
    NICS Incomplete
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Oct/23/14
    METERS Completed Oct/23/14
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/23/14
    DHMH Completed Oct/24/14

I just looked and today 11/14/14 I went active and the checklist disappeared. Now, I'll be checking the mailbox every day. Whoohoo, almost there! :party29:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    After:

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/23/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/23/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/23/14
    NICS Incomplete
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Oct/23/14
    METERS Completed Oct/23/14
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/23/14
    DHMH Completed Oct/24/14

I just looked and today 11/14/14 I went active and the checklist disappeared. Now, I'll be checking the mailbox every day. Whoohoo, almost there! :party29:

You'll drive yourself mad looking at that box. I was approved over a week ago and still no plastic infringement has reached my mailbox.

Manco

Nov 6, 2014
    Easton
    I'm still waiting but my gf got her card yesterday after waiting since approval on Oct 30th. Went and filled out paperwork on her first pistol today, Ruger LCRx 38 +P

Manco

Nov 6, 2014
    Easton
    Today marks day 21 since I applied. No updates for 19 days. So they have one more week to make up their mind before I give them a piece of mine

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    So for the people that had to wait the full 30 days on one or more of the checks to go through, did you status magically switch to active on the 30th day, or did you have to call and remind them 30 days was up? If so, how'd that conversation go, and how long after your reminder, did it take to go active?

I am on day 20, and call me skeptical, but I don't see it changing in the next ten days with holiday week next week.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    So for the people that had to wait the full 30 days on one or more of the checks to go through, did you status magically switch to active on the 30th day, or did you have to call and remind them 30 days was up? If so, how'd that conversation go, and how long after your reminder, did it take to go active?

I am on day 20, and call me skeptical, but I don't see it changing in the next ten days with holiday week next week.

Mine went active on Day 28, which I think is pretty typical of the "full 30 day wait" crowd. I think they are aware of their clock, but don't hold me to that.

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    30 Days

What I think: there is someone doing first inspections. If you pass it will only take a week. Otherwise, you are in secondary inspection and they will wait as long as possible, either because the officer only does desk duty once or twice a week, or at their leisure. They are not in a rush to do secondary inspections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom