• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    What's going on?

How do some people have everything completed in a days turn and mine sits on unchecked? I'm starting to qonder .. They must be profiling and doing more extensive check on some, perhaps people with uncommon names or something of that nature would be my guess.

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    How do some people have everything completed in a days turn and mine sits on unchecked? I'm starting to qonder .. They must be profiling and doing more extensive check on some, perhaps people with uncommon names or something of that nature would be my guess.

Well I will say this...

I have a very uncommon last name, and also gave as much info as possible even if it wasn't required (eg SSN, employer, and some other stuff I cant remember). That may have helped move it along quicker. Also, I was training exempt because I owned a firearm before the Oct 1 , 2013 deadline.

I was told at Worth-A-Shot that I would have to take their training because I bought my Glock19 over 3 years ago (bought it AUG 2010 in Ohio). Sounded like BS and them just trying to get me to pay for their class. I put in all the info for it while filling out the application and took my chances. Turns out I was right and everything was approved the next morning. Now I am just waiting for this "mental hygiene" check. lol

donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Don't be fooled

Most of the checks are computer automated. That's why they complete so rapidly. But there's always one ( it seems to be random) that doesn't complete. That allows the system to stop and allow human intervention.

That final little step can take as long as a month where some sickly Government clerk slowly :sad20:decides whether they will "bestow" an HQL upon you.

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    hold up

They emailed me back saying they have to do a secondary check. Strange considering others have been turned in under 3 days. Almost feels like discrimination.

jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Everything but my LiveScan is complete. I checked and re-checked the number before I saved my application. What in the word could possible hold that up? The only thing I actually paid for. I'm trying to get this at least complete because of course there is the exact handgun I want to buy available.

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Civil Rights

Does anyone with NRA know a good Civil Rights Plaintiff Attorney. I am willing to challenge the 30 day wait time and believe they are giving special privileges and favoritism to some. Things have to be done in a reasonable manner and I do not believe they are.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Does anyone with NRA know a good Civil Rights Plaintiff Attorney. I am willing to challenge the 30 day wait time and believe they are giving special privileges and favoritism to some. Things have to be done in a reasonable manner and I do not believe they are.

You have no standing until day 31

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I applied for HQL on 10/10, still pending CJIS and JIS.

I mailed my application for FFL C&R on 10/23, credit card charged on 10/27.

Any bets on who wins between MSP and ATF? MSP has a nice head-start, but ATF seems to have their stuff together.

waffle king

You serious Clark?
    Feb 7, 2013
    SoMD
    Fingerprints and app submitted on Oct 21st. DHMH completed on the 22nd. Zero activity since. Week and a half and nothing......what the hell???

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Fingerprints and app submitted on Oct 21st. DHMH completed on the 22nd. Zero activity since. Week and a half and nothing......what the hell???
    Imagine how I felt. Submitted on the 24th of September, and most things checked off of the list on the 24th - there was one thing that checked off of the list on the 25th. And then nothing for weeks. I had two items on the checklist left:

CJIS
    NICS

My stuff didn't finally show as "Approved" until October 23rd. I would have really liked to have been among those who got their done quickly and then got their card, all within about a week's span of time, but if you call them they are quick to remind you that they have 30 days to complete the process, and they won't even take your name.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Got the prints done this morning, but don't currently have a credit/debit card to pay for the application. The bank killed the card last saturday due to the number being compromised and I still don't have a damn replacement. OY!

Requiring payment solely via credit/debit is horrible! This was brought up during the AELR hearings, but Dumais had zero fvcks to give (not that she ever does).

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD

Welcome to the club! For now, your club membership is on probation. You will get your full membership on Day 30! Getting your HQL sooner will result in your expulsion from the club. :tap:

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    How come some receive it in under two weeks and other's take about 30 days? They say they do it in the order received, which I think is BS. And, they said mine went to secondary inspection, which I have no idea why. Isn't this some sort of discrimination?

It's sad that my education is probably higher than about 80% of the troopers and I feel that I am not treated equally. These guys are morons because if they are pulling me into secondary inspection, they are completely missing the mark. Sorry, for venting, but this is a joke. What ever happened to having rights? And if they are going to regulate it, it should be more reasonable.
    This only proves to me how slow, incompetent and inefficient the MD State Police really is.

I help civil rights movements and have a MS in Marketing focusing on the internet. Is there anything I can do to help change this abolishment of our right to the 2nd? Join NRA? ACLU? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom