• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I'm trying to get the website to operate properly, once I get to attachments, I uploaded an image, now I cant delete or view the image or if Ihit the next button all the site tells me "we have encountered an error" I tried IE9,safari,chrome,firefox etc.

any ideas?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Yes it's annoying. I've been wishing weekends go by quick so the workdays can follow and someone can approve my application! Sad but true..

stokes8718

Jun 1, 2013
    KI
    Fingerprints and app submitted on 8/7 evening and my 8/8 morning I was active with HQL#, training exempt... any idea when to expect the card??

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Fingerprints and app submitted on 8/7 evening and my 8/8 morning I was active with HQL#, training exempt... any idea when to expect the card??

I submitted prints and app on 8/7 and only showed complete on 8/8 ( also training exempt). Still no HQL#. I guess like any government organization, they are consistently inconsistent.

Other question......can you buy a handgun with just your HQL # or do u need the physical license in hand?

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    Do you have a common name? There doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason why some take 1-2 days and others weeks. I'm into my 3rd weeks wait with the training required and a common ass name..

Mine took a total of 9 days , printed and applied August 1st , received my HQL card Aug 9th.

I would call/email them and see whats going on.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I submitted prints and app on 8/7 and only showed complete on 8/8 ( also training exempt). Still no HQL#. I guess like any government organization, they are consistently inconsistent.

Other question......can you buy a handgun with just your HQL # or do u need the physical license in hand?

Some FFLs will or would allow you to start the paperwork with just the number, but you would have to have your card i nhand to pick up.

Not sure if any are doing this now.

HawaiiMark

Aug 2, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    I took my HQL on Sunday August 3rd, ran down to the Laurel Police Station and got my LiveScan including a hardcopy for Florida Carry during lunch Monday. I filed for my HQL Monday afternoon. My approval was done by Wednesday morning and my card arrived Friday in the mail. It took 4 days from the time I filed to the time I received the card in the mail.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Another Friday COB and application still sits in the pending state. :(

I'm at 21days since application acceptance and 15 working days.

Has anyone had to endure the full 30-day limit? I repeat, this sux...

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I submitted yesterday and as of today the only 3 still showing incomplete are NICS, CJIS, and JIS.
    I wonder if they process these apps on Saturdays?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I submitted yesterday and as of today the only 3 still showing incomplete are NICS, CJIS, and JIS.
    I wonder if they process these apps on Saturdays?

Those are the same 3 that have been incomplete on mine for over 3 weeks now.

The web site is open over the weekend for submissions, but no processing is done.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Those are the same 3 that have been incomplete on mine for over 3 weeks now.

The web site is open over the weekend for submissions, but no processing is done.

Which is odd as I have never even had a hold on long gun purchases. Always walk right out in minutes.
    Like others have said no rhyme or reason just a process like any other run by the state I'm thinking.
    I'm cool with them taking the time they are supposed to have , if its not done in a week oh well, I'm sure they will get it done in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom