• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    It looks like I'm staying in Maryland and will eventually get my HQL. I know we are limited to 10 rounds now... is that like 9+1 or 10+1 and could you buy out of state extended magazines?
    If you can, that seems silly, but in a good way! I would have to develop a list then of what I can get the most out of :D

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    You buy 10 round magazines in Maryland. You can buy or receive larger capacity magazines out of state and bring them back to Maryland legally.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    So really any capacity is just fine. Does the magwell capacity have to be limited to 10 when purchasing?

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    My Witness pistols will hold 15 but they sell pinched 10 round mags. That's a legal firearm for purchase?

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    ^^^^^ as long as it's on the MD roster and the mag is pinned or other contraptions to limit the capacity to 10 then you are gtg .... Check with your lgs that you will.be purchasing from

If you are asking strictly about the magazine then it should be fine as long as the manufacturer is selling in that form factor, I.e the glock g20 mags are available from the manufacturer that are limited to 10rds....

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    I don't have the updated list since October. Does the "new" list exist somewhere? I haven't purchased anything since then and heard changes were made.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    The Hunter model along with other tanfoglio wiitness models are on the list afaik

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    I have a Hunter and got it before the deadline, but it's 15+1. I thought someone told me they changed things and that wouldn't make it through now. Maybe that isn't the case if I can get it shipped with a 10 rounder.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    ^^^^^ no - you can get it. The lgs has to pin the mags permanently or you just don't get the mags that came with the gun.....for a while some shops were willing to ship the mags out of stste but I don't know if any shop is doing that anymore.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    Bigger issue for you would be purchasing on - line and and finding an ffl that will ship to MD.... your best bet is to visit a local shop and oedering one IMHO

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Thanks for the responses!

If I bought from a person an EAA Match 15+1 and had it shipped with no magazine FFL to FFL... It's legal? I had one and sold it. It's the one I want to get again!

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    That should be gtg but check with your ffl - as long as it's on the roster you should be gtg

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Thanks for the responses!

If I bought from a person an EAA Match 15+1 and had it shipped with no magazine FFL to FFL... It's legal? I had one and sold it. It's the one I want to get again!

Think of the gun and mags as a totally separate issue. The approved handgun list hasn't changed due to the mag capacity law change.

Get the gun you want. Then figure out how to get the mags for it. (You don't really have to plan separately as noted by some folks above, I'm just saying think of the mag issue as separate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom