• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    How about we find an FFL to go there and handle transfers and buy the guns ourselves?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    It's a shame you have to be a HoCo resident because I have an old rusted POS shotgun I would love to unload for $100

Well they say it's no questions asked right? How are they going to know if you're a resident or not?

Anybody planning on going down and trying to score some cheap rifles? lol

(this is a dupe, by the way).

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Well they say it's no questions asked right? How are they going to know if you're a resident or not?

Anybody planning on going down and trying to score some cheap rifles? lol

(this is a dupe, by the way).

The pawn shops must have heard about this, all the cheap single shot .22's are up to about 80 bucks. Three would only net me 60 bucks.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Wish FTF transfers of handguns were legal in MD. Not in the market for rifles right now. The Seattle Police did this and there were people buying guns down the street. When the Department ran out of money and were giving IOU's people were lined up at the other gun buyers.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I would like to know how they legally accomplish this? Do the police have an FFL there? Who is the ultimate buyer? Do they have to wait seven (now 45) days?

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

~Thomas Jefferson

Feb 7, 2013
    Howard County
    I'd love to stand there and see if anyone is turning in their Grandfather's old model 94s. How much trouble can you get into if you did try to buy a non-regulated rifle or shotgun across the street? We all know that besides the junk, there will some guns worth having for a hundred bucks.

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    once again: how are such purchases legal?

I would like to know how they legally accomplish this? Do the police have an FFL there? Who is the ultimate buyer? Do they have to wait seven (now 45) days?

So far, nobody has tried to answer CharleFoxtrot's question. I would like to know the answer, if there is one. Does anybody have an answer?

Assuming that the Howard County Police are purchasing the firearms from Maryland residents, I don't see that there is a federal law question, nor a Federal Firearms License required. But to purchase handguns, does the Police Department have to have, or utilize the services of someone with, a Maryland regulated firearms dealers license? If not, why not? Keep in mind that they are not confiscating these guns in the course of enforcing criminal laws -- they are proposing to purchase them.

Derblk

Mar 14, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I'm going to participate in that. I'm grabbing all kinds of unwanted guns by paying people $150, for all the guns I like with no questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom