• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I was there most of the morning. Saw a few decent milsurp rifles, especially the stuff on Shooter's Discount and place toward the back/center with the wooden gun racks. Other than that, I didn't see too many great deals, though some of the ammo was coming down in price ($99 for Mosin spam cans). I would have pulled the trigger on a .410 Lee Enfield or an Ishapore 2A1, but the deal that would have funded those purchases (I was walking around with a SxS shotgun an Remington Nylon 22 I brought to sell/trade) fell through last minute.

It wasn't a total loss...bought a few books and got to test my new car in the snow.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Started out but turned around and came back. Coming back took me 3 hours, give or take a stop at Dunkin' Donuts and another to pee at Bob Evans. (Nice, clean restroom at Bob Evans.) Had to drain the main vein before heading up W. Padonia which, sure enough, was nearly blocked by idiots in unsuitable vehicles with no idea how to drive. Fortunately, there was enough room for my little AWD Rogue to squeeze through and around before my coffee got cold. Oh, well, now I've got time to mount the new rings and scope on my old Browning T-Bolt.

I just did that drive. There was a hearse on thier way to Dulaney Gardens and about 6 other cars in the funeral all stuck on Padonia.

Ended up on cranbrook. Took 35 min to get from York Rd to my house behind Dulaney HS.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Had Mark at Precision build me a 9mm pistol upper. Glad I went, but roads are horrible. 70 was stopped westbound for over an hour. Too many idiots in camry's, civics, etc trying to get around. Blocking the road for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Got there when it opened at 0900, got some .50BMG, 9mm subsonic from TomKat, and some m855 green tip. Got to Columbia Mall by 1030, had lunch, went to see American Sniper in IMAX, then took about 2 hours to get home through the back woods off Johns Hopkins Road because 29 South was basically stopped.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Getting out of there was a PITA. That hill at the light getting back on to 32 was a disaster when I came out. Too short a light, with RWD vehicles on a hill in the snow made for a real backup.

I agree with that. We left at 11:00 and that intersection was already a mess. Glad I had 4WD when that light finally turned green.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    they closed the show at 3pm. i-70 and 695 were a mess!
    i spoke to the promotor, he said reg. hours tomorrow, so come on out and bring some money.:D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I agree with that. We left at 11:00 and that intersection was already a mess. Glad I had 4WD when that light finally turned green.

I punched out at exactly 11:30. 32 was a mess…..got stuck behind some poor slob in a RWD vehicle with the wrong tires on 32. He couldn't get up the inclines and held the rest of us up while we floundered about.

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    1st time at that show, I was pleased as far as Md shows go. Saw Lou but ever time I tried to talk to him he was busy selling something. I was looking for a .308 lower, didn't see any, did anyone else? I was glad to see some reloading items. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get back to Harford Co, some people have no business out in the snow!!!!!!

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I ended up driving two chicks vehicles up a hill on 32. It was a mess! My AR 308 build is finally together thanks to Mark. All worth it!

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    1st time at that show, I was pleased as far as Md shows go. Saw Lou but ever time I tried to talk to him he was busy selling something. I was looking for a .308 lower, didn't see any, did anyone else? I was glad to see some reloading items. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get back to Harford Co, some people have no business out in the snow!!!!!!

Precision had them

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Chelsea Ingram FTW.....

Miss-Vermont-Chelsea-Ingram-20130117231345.jpg

36412194.jpg

Well boys and girls, do you know how to say "landing strip"???:D

Please, please post if the show is closing. We have an inch here in FRNX already and it's coming down hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, didn't get to a pooter that knows me until now; closed today at three PM. Lee2 beat me to it.

Decent show, should have taken more money! Roads were getting tricky when I left, be careful driving!

Yep, the roads were passable but caution was the key this afternoon. I had no problem getting home (RWD pickup), well, almost. When I got stuck 3/4 mile from the house, I said to my donut dispenser (mopar), "You know what'ta do"............so he got out and pushed.:D

Lou better share the brownies. Good show. Go tomorrow :). Roads are getting bad in the area.

Some others got brownies. Ya' happy now.:)

Nope, I don't think any were eaten, Lou had Mopar pose as the donut dispenser..........:innocent0

Guess he could only hold one, huh? :lol2:

Actually I was surprised with Mopar, he could manage two donuts on his donut dispenser; I filled the cream one's.:lol2::lol2::lol2:

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    got there at 930am, looked at some firearms, was looking for a Colt 1911, bought some beef jerky went home and drank lots of beer.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    With disregard to my last post, the weather should be a lot better tomorrow and the bobcat/plow was removing snow from the fairgrounds road/hill, so with the improvements it should be ok to venture out to the show on Sunday, it'll be open 9 to 3.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    With disregard to my last post, the weather should be a lot better tomorrow and the bobcat/plow was removing snow from the fairgrounds road/hill, so with the improvements it should be ok to venture out to the show on Sunday, it'll be open 9 to 3.

Good to know, I'm heading out there tomorrow.

I just did that drive. There was a hearse on thier way to Dulaney Gardens and about 6 other cars in the funeral all stuck on Padonia.

Ended up on cranbrook. Took 35 min to get from York Rd to my house behind Dulaney HS.

Yeah, I passed the hearse coming up York. With all due respect, isn't it a little tacky to use a stretch limo in a funeral procession? Much less the idiocy of taking it out in serious snow. Glad you made it home safe. That's a pretty serious hill in front of the shopping center on Cranbrook.

Worst error of judgment I saw was some guy on the Beltway in one of those current-model Camaros with the wide-wide tires, floundering and fishtailing even on a relatively level stretch of road. He must've really had to get somewhere desperately. Doubt he made it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom