• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I went about noon today, very crowded, not sure if they aired it out from the horse show or not, or if it was the couple in front of me. :eek:

China crap, high priced junk knives, and optics. Gun prices were crazy, $700 for a CZ 527, Ruger Gunsite scout + $800. Saiga .223 $400 +. I quess everyone is relinquishing the election to Obama already. The only other time I remember it being so crowded at a local GS was before the last Presdential election.

I gave up fighting the crowd and left empty handed, a short while later.:tdown:

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    We went today good show sold two shotguns had with me and pick up a sweet 1969 a5 magnum from nice old man walking in and still kicking my self in but for not buying a nice looking 1944 garand a guy was walking around with said it was bring back for 850.00
    and full house there to

Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    Gun prices were crazy, $700 for a CZ 527, Ruger Gunsite scout + $800. Saiga .223 $400 +. I quess everyone is relinquishing the election to Obama already. The only other time I remember it being so crowded at a local GS was before the last Presdential election.

I have to agree about the prices, but I arrived at noon and didn't find it reminiscent of a sardine can - a la the recent Bel Air, MD and Chantilly, VA shows. I attended hoping to find a Mosin-Nagant carbine variant and left sorely disappointed. If I were looking for a full-length 91/30, I would've bought from Shooters' Discount, who had two in excellent condition with accessories and matching serial numbers for - if I remember rightly - $135.00.

It went downhill from there - a vendor was selling forced-matched 91/30s from crates for $150.00 with accessories, another was selling Chinese Type 53s in rough condition for $225.00. Then I stumbled across an M44 with what appeared to be refinished stock - $325.00. :sad20: I don't recall the names of any vendors, but all were in the back, near the Army vehicle.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Was standing in line when the doors opened this morning and I left around 10:45. I've been hitting this show since the early '90's and don't think I've ever seen better attendance. The parking lot was more packed than I've ever seen it. Interesting......

Pretty good prices on .308 & .380 ammo and Federal primers. Funds limited my fun today, but I always enjoy being at a show.

Lou45 - thanks for flying the MDS flag! :party29:

There was a very nice size crowd at HC. My first time at this show, and I was impressed. Best deals seemed to be on ammo. I'd go again!

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Was weird seeing georgia arms there, i guess this show was for all the vendors that didnt make it into York.

Also gus has a Shrike for sale for a damn good price.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Stopped by on the way back from the York show. Not bad. Found some decent shape .50 cal ammo cans for $10 bucks each.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    I was wondering if you are not supposed to shower for a few days before a gun show. Agree that prices were way up there, notably there were m48 mausers in the back for $459, 98k for $800 near the 91-30's. Some ammo deals were OK but I prefer online deals. Wound up buying some cleaning brushes and ammo cans. Hadn't been to a show in over a year, won't be going again for a while.

clarkcondor

Mar 29, 2011
    Catonsville
    Was a good show for Howard County - more people than I expected but a large building so moving about was fairly easy. Parking was close too. Missed on the 380 ammo and a nice S&W revolver that sold in the AM. Tempted by a Remington M40 probably should have...

Stealth Pants

Nov 19, 2009
    Gana give it a try in a little. Prob end up leaving with some .50 cal cans just like everytime. Anyone see any reasonable priced surplus 5.45?

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    This being my first show I was kinda shocked at the prices. Seems like everything was normal or higher prices. I couldn't find a used sig p229 .40 for less then 650. There was a spikes tactical ar15 selling for $100 over msrp. So I just bought a small 7.62mm ammo can for $8 and some zombie ammo for $20 and left. When I got home I found the ammo for less online. Maybe I just need to dig a little deeper. Also the Bo and sweat coming from some of the people was crazy. I literally walked away from trying to look at a gun because of the person standing infront of me was making me gag. On another note there were a couple cuties running around. Almost made it worth it.

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    Gana give it a try in a little. Prob end up leaving with some .50 cal cans just like everytime. Anyone see any reasonable priced surplus 5.45?

There was a table maybe 4 or 5 rows back from the front that had a good amount of 5.45. Really old guys working the tables.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    We stopped by to check out the ammo. Pretty terrible selection. The guy and girl that are always selling ammo were there. He was at upper marlboro last weekend and I picked up some ammo from him. This time, one weekend later, his ammo was $30 higher across the board. How does the price go up that much in one week, on everything? We left shortly after.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    We stopped by to check out the ammo.

As did I... and to pick on Lou a little (on behalf of the wife, of course!)

I suppose it wasn't a bad show (they guys in back were going through ammo cans like there was no tomorrow... hmmmmm...........), and for being in the belly of the beast, I suppose it was OK.

I did try to make an offer for some 5.56 tracer, to get 100rd for $50 instead of $60... didn't sem like an outrageous offer on a Sunday. It was rejected out of hand, and not politely, either. Then, I realized it was Continental's table... Oh, well...

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The wife and I just got back. Wife was trying to see what fit her hand well and the lady at the Continental Arms display was very nice and understanding. I looked at prices but since we weren't looking to buy today couldn't really say if they were good or bad. Bought some ammo. The only thing I can think of for the reason for the price in ammo and some guns is they must think because it's Howard Co. and there's money there, they can jack up the prices. I DID see better prices in Frederick earlier this year. I did not see James River there today???? BTW the wife told me she's going to pay for my CCW course in March, WIN!!!!!! Oh and she really liked the Ruger LC9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom