• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Now someone needs to have a certain amount of posts for their opinion to matter? Guess I better not show up at a rally supporting the 2nd…..I’ve never gone to one before and apparently would be wrong to express my opinion now. People can agree or disagree on both sides…but no one should be bullied from stating an opinion because they haven’t had anything to say prior.

The opinions being stated, pro and con, are actually part and parcel with the free market system so many people are correctly espousing; using ad hominem attacks to prevent discussion and debate is something MOM and his left-wing-lackies would do.

Not saying that, what was meant by me was if you come on here and bash dealers at local shows you are bashing those of us who are dealers on this website. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats why we have the 1st amendment. Just saying think about what you say on an open forum.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yes it was crazy, I already paid dearly for a 6920, I was not about to buy 20rd C mags at $25, well maybe I should have ;) I saw a .380 I liked, and note a 7rd mag, priced over MSRP. Told my wife, (and she actually laughed, a keeper no? ), "when the market tanks , I'll just average down"

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    So are you telling me that Maryland dealers are getting charged more then all the other dealers in the country? Maybe I'm not Comprehending something, please explain why I can buy a DMPS AR and have it shipped to my FFL for close to regular prices if I buy outside of MD, yet at the gun show, I couldn’t find one for under $2000? Or how is it that two weeks ago I was able to purchase an HK MP5-22 for $579 because I bought it out of state and had it shipped? Yet at the gun show they were selling for $699? If I can get them at close to regular prices, then why can’t you? I get that the prices have gone up, but let’s be realistic.

I don't think that's true at all. Cheaper Than Dirt is selling Colt 6920s for $3,895. I'd be extremely skeptical of any website that is giving away AR15s at pre-panic prices. And I'm not hating on CTD, they had many great deals over the years prior to the panic.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/GUN-6920

Also, remember that dealers are taking a risk in buying inventory at these prices. If (really, when, not if) the current market situation was reversed, and prices were falling, not a single customer would be like "hey, I know you paid your wholesaler too much for these ARs, so I'll pay you a higher price."

Mike G

Feb 10, 2013
    You would do better to get a clue what was meant. Due to the currently proposed legislation many if not most dealers will have to close up shop.

Yup - that is exactly what I meant. The THUGS in Annapolis could care less - they WANT the small arms shops closed down. Hell, in Howierd County, it is illegal to shoot just about anything... if you read the local laws, even airsoft is illegal. By the letter of the law, a child's blowgun or even spitball is illegal.

Now, I am not sure how Western Ho Co is affected, but in Ellicott City, I can't even shoot my POS Baikal air pistol... much less my Remington .22 Nitro air piston...

Total crap. MD sucks. If it were not for the schools and my job I would be somewhere else.

Aldwyn

Not All That Bad, Really.
    Dec 20, 2012
    Columbia, Md
    Bought 400 rounds of 5.56 PMC at about 62 cents a round today. Cheapest I have seen for awhile now. Would have bought a thousand but wasn't expecting that much ammo to be there!

Not to mention the guy wanted cash!

$625 is not the kind of cash I carry around (nor do I think my ATM allows me to take out at one time).

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Got a phonecall from my boss yesterday who was at HoCo.

Him:Who did you buy your HK from? Wasn't he from Mt. Airy?
    Me:Yeah, Lou at Shooters Discount
    Him:Oh Ok...I looked at a handgun he had and I think he's one of the only ones here that's reasonably priced.
    Me:Yup, that's Lou, buy with confidence and enjoy, he's a little eccentric, don't mention O'Malley, Obama, or Barbie, don't make eye contact, for more than 1.5 seconds and you'll be just fine...CLICK

:lol2::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So are you telling me that Maryland dealers are getting charged more then all the other dealers in the country? Maybe I'm not Comprehending something, please explain why I can buy a DMPS AR and have it shipped to my FFL for close to regular prices if I buy outside of MD, yet at the gun show, I couldn’t find one for under $2000? Or how is it that two weeks ago I was able to purchase an HK MP5-22 for $579 because I bought it out of state and had it shipped? Yet at the gun show they were selling for $699? If I can get them at close to regular prices, then why can’t you? I get that the prices have gone up, but let’s be realistic.

Who are these online dealers with A/R's in stock with regular pricing?

This ^^^
    Maybe he can find me a distributor that has new Colt AR's in stock ready for shipment at pre December dealer prices.:rolleyes:
    Just as another dealer previously mentioned, he had a line on Colt 6920's from a distributor for $1705.00 each and two days later they were $1785.00 each. Guess it was good for him that he didn't get any for the show because Shooters Discount had a shitload of them at $1699.95 each.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Interestingly enough, I don't see the upcoming legislation really shutting down a lot of shops. Enthusiasts will still buy guns, ammo and accessories. Add in some gunsmith work and those that are able to work within the system will survive.

What I do see hurting the industry is the MSP wait as it slows folks with the cash from making repeat purchases as often as they 'legally' should be able too.

I'd love to see an LGS get set up to do the fingerprinting and other crap to make it a one stop shop. I think that's the future of the LGS industry, at least in MD.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'd love to see an LGS get set up to do the fingerprinting and other crap to make it a one stop shop. I think that's the future of the LGS industry, at least in MD.

If the fingerprinting part of this bill becomes law, I HIGHLY DOUBT that a local gun shop or any of it's employees will be able to do the fingerprinting, it'll almost certainly have to be performed by md.gub.:sad20:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If the fingerprinting part of this bill becomes law, I HIGHLY DOUBT that a local gun shop or any of it's employees will be able to do the fingerprinting, it'll almost certainly have to be performed by md.gub.:sad20:

It will almost certainly be Livescan...so unless you have the money laying around to buy a machine you'll be refering them to a fingerprint company or the state of MD. Who wants to drive down to Reisterstown Road Plaza before buying a gun? Any takers?

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Look, I'm not here to get into a pissing match with anyone, and like I said, I'm not trying to insult the dealers, but until this is over, I'll be Making my purchases online, and I’m not the only one, I would love to support local business, but I’m not going to get ripped off doing it, but if you can find people to pay those prices, then good for you.
    I think this is the key to the free market
    I saw some ammo prices that weren't bad based on what I've paid recently and saw some things I was interested in but NOT at the prices I saw. I got to choose, I had money to spend and a desire for the product, based on the value I passed and saw others make the decision to buy. They were happy to find what they needed and OK paying a premium.
    I would love to have everything I want available and in plentiful supply so the prices would be lower and I suspect most Dealers would too. We all just need to make the best of it.

Safeboat079

Feb 24, 2013
    Baltimore County
    So if PA or WVA Gasoline prices are lower (which they are) are you going to drive there every week to fill up your vehicle?
    No, it would not be cost effective to drive there every week to fill up my vehicle, but if that gas station in PA or WV shipped gasoline to the gas station down the street from my house for half the cost, then it would be pretty foolish not to do that. So what point are you trying to make?

Look, I’m just going to say this, in my opinion, the prices at this gun show, were extremely high, even for this “post December, pre 2A, pre-ban environment” In my opinion, a lot, not all, but a lot of dealers were taking advantage of gun owners, and would be gun owners.

I am a gun owner, an enthusiast, like many on this site and in MD, when some guys are spending money on rebuilding a Camaro or buying tickets to every sporting event they can get into, I’m spending my money on a new stock for my mini-14, or changing my Eotech to an Aimpoint because I can, or buying an LCP .380 because I wanted something I can throw in my pocket when I go to the store. I walked into a gun store a few months ago to buy a few hundred rounds of 5.56 and walked out with a brand new rifle because once I picked it up I had to know how it shoots. My guns don’t sit and collect dust, they get worked, every Thursday at the range, I enjoy making adjustments, purchasing practical after market parts, and most of all purchasing new guns. I’m a little pissed off that instead of walking into your store and shopping around for something I don’t need, but just want, now I have to sit behind a computer and search, and that’s not because of some bill that hopefully doesn’t get passed, that’s because the prices here are more expensive than anywhere I’ve seen. I know the prices went up for everyone after December, I also know they didn’t go up as much as much as some of you would like us to think.

Sure you can post links to websites where AR’s are going for a ridiculous rate, I know it’s not just Maryland, but in overall, it’s much worse here, and if someone is happy spending a ridiculous amount to get what they want, then I am in no position to tell them they shouldn’t.

I’m not bashing dealers, I’m just stating what I saw, and if the prices at this show reflect the prices in the gun stores in Maryland, then it will be a while before I step foot in one again, and I’m not the only one. You can get pissed off at my comments if you want, and think I’m attacking you, but that is not my intention. I’m not going to respond to comments meant to fuel any fire on here, because now some people are just completely missing the point of my original post, and some are just posting petty things. I do hope this all blows over soon, and I really hope not one single gun shop goes out of business.

Lou, if I knew a distributor that would sell you Colts at pre December prices you would be the first to know, you are one of the few that I saw, that in my Opinion, had good prices, I even mentioned that in my original post, which was not meant to bash dealers, but to inform people going what they should expect to see.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010

Some CCW/CHP non-resident classes taught by IPs here have employees who can do fingerprint cards to mail in with the rest of the packet (paperwork, Check/MO, photo, etc), so I'd be hopeful that unless there's a specific provision in there saying it has to be done by a LEA that a LGS would be allowed to do it.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Lou, if I knew a distributor that would sell you Colts at pre December prices you would be the first to know, you are one of the few that I saw, that in my Opinion, had good prices, I even mentioned that in my original post, which was not meant to bash dealers, but to inform people going what they should expect to see.

Thanks for the :thumbsup: in this thread. I really enjoy keeping my prices at a hard to beat deal elsewhere and still make enough profit to pay bills, keep roof over head, and belly fed; it's a fine line to draw. Yes, there are people and dealers that will gouge on product. A good example is a person that helped me at this show wanting to sell his Ruger stainless GB Mini-14 on my tables at $1400.00 that he bought from me last month at $735.00 plus tax. When I observed this Saturday morning on my table, I immediately PULLED IT OFF THE TABLE and told him to put it away because there will be NO price gouging at Shooters Discount, be it my product or his. I told him if he wants to gouge, do it elsewhere. It's bad enough I had to run the Colt 6920's at $1699.95 when the pre December prices would have been around $1150.00, but I had a tremendous amount more money in those guns than the pre December price of $1150.00.

Some CCW/CHP non-resident classes taught by IPs here have employees who can do fingerprint cards to mail in with the rest of the packet (paperwork, Check/MO, photo, etc), so I'd be hopeful that unless there's a specific provision in there saying it has to be done by a LEA that a LGS would be allowed to do it.

Hey, I think you may be giving MD.gub a good bit more credit than they deserve.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Thanks for the :thumbsup: in this thread. I really enjoy keeping my prices at a hard to beat deal elsewhere and still make enough profit to pay bills, keep roof over head, and belly fed; it's a fine line to draw. Yes, there are people and dealers that will gouge on product. A good example is a person that helped me at this show wanting to sell his Ruger stainless GB Mini-14 on my tables at $1400.00 that he bought from me last month at $735.00 plus tax. When I observed this Saturday morning on my table, I immediately PULLED IT OFF THE TABLE and told him to put it away because there will be NO price gouging at Shooters Discount, be it my product or his. I told him if he wants to gouge, do it elsewhere. It's bad enough I had to run the Colt 6920's at $1699.95 when the pre December prices would have been around $1150.00, but I had a tremendous amount more money in those guns than the pre December price of $1150.00.

Hey, I think you may be giving MD.gub a good bit more credit than they deserve.

mmmm...way to go...i think...:rolleyes:
    free market..huh... i am thinking he is selling his rifle not yours. wow.:sad20:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom