• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack41

Oct 27, 2007
    Randallstown
    speaking of shipping if i get a cx4 shipped would that then change me being able to get it at 19 and ive found that alot of em just have one of those super cheap signs on the top of em in the shoping center if anything

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcome the wonderful, asinine world of regulated firearm definitions.

I believe the way it was explained to Redneck17 is that since the CX4 has the magazine in the grip instead of outside of it, it's not considered regulated.

None of us understand why either.

The Maryland AW definitions go by specific rifles and their copies, not their features (like the federal AW did). The CX4 simply is not on the list and any newly designed rifle that looks similar on the outside to the banned rifles or have similar features (i.e. EBR), but is not a copy of any listed ones is not a regulated rifle in MD.

For instance, if someone ever started producing HK g11 "assault rifles" in semi automatic, then that would be an unregulated long rifle in MD because it is not on the list.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Biggest "Mag" to buy in MD is 20. You can own mags that hold more than 20, but you just cant buy them in this state. You have to go to DE, PA, VA,... to get bigger ones. Trust me 20s will do you just fine.

Remember that transfer is also illegal within state lines, so if someone were to give it to someone else to own it would have to be while out of state as I understand it.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    speaking of shipping if i get a cx4 shipped would that then change me being able to get it at 19 and ive found that alot of em just have one of those super cheap signs on the top of em in the shoping center if anything
    YOu will have to buy it from a MD FFL at his shop and you cannot have it shipped directly to you from out of state.
    If you find a really cheap one being sold out of state, you can pay for it and have it shipped to an FFL near you and then have it transfered from the FFL to you. It is usually ten or twenty dollars shipping of a rifle and another $20-$40 usually for the transfer fee for a non-regulated long gun.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    ya i like to think that whenever politics are involved and thanx for telling me bout the online transfer thing

:)
    If you have any questions to ask about MD firearms law, we can give you a good idea with our answers. Although I think only one poster here is a lawyer and only some are law enforcement officers (which appear to be very intelligent and very well versed in law), most of us have enough experience with our state or federal laws to at least give you an idea of what to look for or understand too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom