• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    I think this clearance thing is a F*****G joke!!!!
    I’ve been doing security software work for 10 years, have had DOE, FBI etc clearances/checks. Necessary Gov't approved certifications...
    Now that I’m looking for a job every offer that I get from hits on my resume needs a clearance, but don’t get excepted because I don’t have one, but if I had one I’d have the job, but you have to have the job to get one. A bunch of Gov’t bureaucratic BS….
    In my work I’ve met many with clearances, and I shake my head. Members of fringe religious groups, very out of the ordinary lifestyle choices, and someone cleared them??????
    Again it comes down to how much C**c sucking you do, not your skills and abilities.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    I’ve been doing security software work for 10 years, have had DOE, FBI etc clearances/checks. Necessary Gov't approved certifications...
    Now that I’m looking for a job every offer that I get from hits on my resume needs a clearance, but don’t get excepted [sic] because I don’t have one, but if I had one I’d have the job, but you have to have the job to get one. A bunch of Gov’t bureaucratic BS….
    In my work I’ve met many with clearances, and I shake my head. Members of fringe religious groups, very out of the ordinary lifestyle choices, and someone cleared them??????
    Again it comes down to how much C**c sucking you do, not your skills and abilities.

Don't sugar coat it. tell us how you really feel.

You said you had a clearance in your last ten years of work, but now don't?

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    DOE "L" clearance.
    From what I've been told during my search so far that doesn't equate to a hill of beans when counted toward a S/TS. Basically I get what equals to a pat on the head for having an "in dept background check" and told to feel free to reapply when I have a actual clearance.

I was transferred internally to a department that did not require it, and when it expired I was told that since my job description changed, I did not need it, nor would the company pay to have it continued.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Now that I’m looking for a job every offer that I get from hits on my resume needs a clearance, but don’t get excepted because I don’t have one, but if I had one I’d have the job, but you have to have the job to get one. A bunch of Gov’t bureaucratic BS….

No amount of felatio is gonna get anyone any type of clearance. Just sayin'.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13

so how do you really feel? If you wanna work in a NOC and are good with networks and stuff I think we have an opening that gives you a DoD S

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    secret is good for 10 years I believe, but there is not much that only requires a secret now a days.

It's good for 5 years, then it expires. And Secret gets you in the door. If you're clearable, some places can get you an Interim TS.

BTW, it's easier to train someone with a clearance than it is to get someone with the skills to get a high level clearance. Some contractors will take someone with a clearance and train them.

Jim

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    BTW, it's easier to train someone with a clearance than it is to get someone with the skills to get a high level clearance. Some contractors will take someone with a clearance and train them.

Jim

I'd like to be sent in the right direction for this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom