• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I recall a grand total of one HQL granted for Active Duty Service Member stationed at NSA with the OPM hack as part of the justification. HPRB overruled the MSP denial on that one. There were several possible G&S concepts in play on that one, so I don't think just having a TS would fly as G&S. I haven't heard of any other HQLs issued for that (other than the wheelchair-bound, non-cleared veteran) since.

Anyone else heard something?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I recall a grand total of one Wear and Carry Permit granted for Active Duty Service Member stationed at NSA with the OPM hack as part of the justification. HPRB overruled the MSP denial on that one. There were several possible G&S concepts in play on that one, so I don't think just having a TS would fly as G&S. I haven't heard of any other Wear and Carry Permits issued for that (other than the wheelchair-bound, non-cleared veteran) since.

Anyone else heard something?

FTFY

Bushwood_6.0

NRA-Life Member
    Nov 4, 2015
    I am looking to apply for my permit but want to see if it is worth the trouble. I do hold a high level clearance and wondering if that is sufficient enough. I also work in the family business where I work late a night some days and transport money to the bank. is the G&S reason? thanks for the input.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Interesting. More than likely if you are going to go the "family business" route they will want someone else (owner/officer) to send a letter stating they require you to be armed. The MSP in their infinite retardedness seems to think this is a legal maneuver to get them out of the loop of responsibility for allowing a commoner to carry a firearm.

That, or they just want to discourage you, hope that you won't even want to look like an ass asking your boss for permission to arm yourself.

Short answer is, never know till you try. I know that's "easy for me to say" considering the time and expense associated with even applying, but,..... it's true.

Bushwood_6.0

NRA-Life Member
    Nov 4, 2015
    thank you. i will be sure to ask her for a detailed reason for me needing a carry permit and also include my clearance. this probably wont make a difference but worth a shot.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Just received my permit for business owner activities.

90 days door to door.

Valid only while conducting business as owner of _____. Md Only. Not valid where firearms are prohibited.

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    Sorry if this is redundant, but I am a new member to this site (not new to firearms at all), a native resident of the PRM, and I am interested in getting a MD Concealed Carry permit. I have an HQL, Utah Non-Res, and may get a VA for all of the time I spend there. Just wondering if the process has eased up any under Hogan, or is it still as hatefull as it was under Owe'Malley. Thanks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Nothing has really changed, Although some reports indicate the Handgun Permit Review Board is trying to be more independent and open and fair than the MSP in their reviews of denials.

Just my biased opinion though.

:)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Nothing has really changed, Although some reports indicate the Handgun Permit Review Board is trying to be more independent and open and fair than the MSP in their reviews of denials.

Just my biased opinion though.

:)
    If I remember correctly, you are a Vet. I bet you would be granted a permit through the current HPRB.

Unfortunately, it may not get renewed when a new Governor takes over or once Obama defeats ISIS, LMAO......

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am a vet, but I don't want special consideration by MSP. I think every law abiding citizen has a right to bear arms for SD. I want no special treatment, nor would I accept any.

I'lll wait my turn like the rest of the serfs. Accepting a permit would be hypocritical and just reinforce MD's view that you need a special reason besides the 2A.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I don't advertise but I'm a double amputee. I can't run away like the rest of you guys.

:lol2:

I knew that, but didn't feel the need to say it. :thumbsup:

While I agree with you about not wanting special treatment I have decided to jump through the hoops in order to protect myself. There are a number of situations that are personal in nature related to death threats that I do not wish to discuss with MSP so I didn't go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom