How Old Were You When You Bought Your First Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I was 18 when I bought my first Deer rifle, a Sporterized 30-06 Springfield, I already had a 22lr and pump shotgun my parents bought me.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    On my 18th birthday I bought a six pack of Molson Ale at the Allview Inn.
    A few days later I bought a single shot 12 gauge at the Chatham Mall K Mart.

Both are long gone, along with my profligate youth.... mumble mumble

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    got several rifles from family members starting about 12 but bought a 1911 out of magazine in my dad's name and it was so long ago it came in the mail. The first legal was a colt 38spl.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    First gun I ever "bought" was 3 years ago. I was 45. I have always had guns passed down to me from my Dad and Uncle. Never needed to buy any until I wanted a modern handgun. Many many different types of guns in the family over my lifetime.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    13. Gave a neighbor kid $1.00 for a .22 cal rifle he found in the attic when they moved into the neighborhood. Single shot,no bolt so I had to scrape up another $5.00 and send away for a bolt. Still can't believe Dad let me do it as he witnessed a friend get killed in a hunting accident and never had anything to do with guns after that.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    18. I bought a cz 452 .22wmr
    The next month I bought my marlin 1895gs 45/70. Hid both guns in my trunk for a couple months before my parents found out lol. Been buying a couple a year ever since

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    12 yrs old. Marlin 22LR bolt action with 4x scope and leather sling. One sweet gun I wish I still had.

At 14, I bought a single barrel 12g from my local barber shop for $12. (American Gun Company)

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I think I was 12 or 13. Saved my pennies and my grandfather purchased it. Marlin Glenfield Model 60. Still have it and has had so many rounds put through it, I would not even know where to start. My girls love it! Still as accurate as the day it was new. $49 at Best in Towson.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    First rifle was bought around 1954, I was 14, and was a Marlin .22 lr bolt action, but I soon realized that it was too light for groundhogs and traded it for a Remington Model 722 .257 Roberts, which I still own. Since, I've owned over 200 pieces and still have a healthy inventory of long guns and pistols.

Picking a favorite would be tough, but I love competing with a 1943 Winchester M1 Garand that's 100% WRA and a Colt King Cobra .357 is pretty decent.

Lew--Ranger63

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I saved for an 870 when I was ten. by that time I already had a bunch of guns all given to me by the old folks down home. a lot of old widow women gave me their husbands guns and I did odd jobs for others. I think somewhere between 2 and 4 when granddad gave me a red rider bb gun. that started it all.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    First I bought was 21, Colt Government Model Mark IV Series 70

First I owned was a LOT before that. :)

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Somewhere between 18 and 21......whatever was the legal age back in the 80's for PA. Bought me a Dirty Harry gun as my first....which I eventually learned to be a mistake of my impulsive youth.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    21 Moss berg 535 thumb hOle turkey gun. followed by a sigma 9. I only have one of them still..... and I can still Turkey hunt you can do the math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom