• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I know mine are empty when I pull the trigger and hear a click, the only time they are unloaded is for transport to and from the range, and until I clean them as soon as I get back from the range and reload. A empty gun is just a paper weight.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This ^ If you hold a gun, YOU make sure it is empty. Rule #1 All guns are loaded until proven otherwise.

Rule 1.5:

Even after you have verified the gun is unloaded, you should STILL treat it as if it were loaded.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't always verify if a gun is clear. But I do maybe sneak in unnecessary press checks from time to time.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Not true. When OCD you do things to go through the motion and usually not paying attention to other than you done the motions.
    No different with the robot moves with MOST people who "check their six" during shooting rituals. They simply turn their heads back without really looking at what is behind them.

See what is going on during your motions. :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    First thing I do when taking a gun from the safe or being handed a gun is to open the action. Most of my friends who own guns will lock the action open before handing it over, which I have always considered good etiquette.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    No such thing as OCD when handling firearms, check every time you handle them. If you check every time you pick it up it become second nature. Safety first
    Heck, I use 'safety' as an excuse to feed my OCD. I check every time I pick one up and every time I hand one to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom