• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    What ever amount that the person that wants the trust can't afford.

I paid $300.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I paid $600 and I feel like it was a worthwhile cost. I have had it ammended twice and contacted him at least 5 other times with no additional costs/fees.

$300 is a deal but do you get Trust Legal Support after its drafted? Is is needed?

Only YOU can answer that.

O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    I paid $300 for mine but how much are you willing to pay for having a trust. You'll spend a whole heck of a lot more to purchase NFA firearms so the initial investment of setting up an NFA is money well spent.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    As others have said, how much is it worth to you? Quicken will get you something cheap that probably does everything you need it to, but:

- Trusts are state-recognized entities, so you should be sure it is tailored to your state/individual needs not just a general set of accepted standards

- An NFA trust has its own ins and outs compared to other trusts, do you "trust" a $30 piece of software to ask the appropriate questions and properly frame your needs?

Anyone considering a trust is considering using it to buy thousands of dollars in NFA items. Keep in mind you don't own these items, the trust does. Should anyone bring a claim against the trust that found an issue with it's creation or legal status, then you'd likely lose those items... or at the very least be required to transfer them back to yourself with a new tax stamp for each one. This is unlikely, but a possibility.

Personally I see $300 as a minor investment in what is ultimately a very expensive game to play in. That said, plenty of our members have done it on the cheap and have no complaints. In the end it's a personal decision you have to live with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom