• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Less than $350, Century is getting ready to sell excellent Yugo's at $299 again for C&R holders... So unless it's a Russian or SKS D/M, $350 would be my upper limit unless it was REALLY nice. My last SKS (few months ago, was from Century) was only $150.

Mark

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    That's interesting news! Anymore details?

Less than $350, Century is getting ready to sell excellent Yugo's at $299 again for C&R holders... So unless it's a Russian or SKS D/M, $350 would be my upper limit unless it was REALLY nice. My last SKS (few months ago, was from Century) was only $150.

Mark

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    $69.95 twenty five years ago cash and carry. I looked at a whole table full at a Timonium Show and couldn't imagine anyone wanting one. Alot of people thought the same thing at the time.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    $69.95 twenty five years ago cash and carry. I looked at a whole table full at a Timonium Show and couldn't imagine anyone wanting one. Alot of people who are now $230 poorer thought the same thing at the time.

Fixed it.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    $69.95 twenty five years ago cash and carry. I looked at a whole table full at a Timonium Show and couldn't imagine anyone wanting one. Alot of people thought the same thing at the time.

$70 inflation adjusted is about $150 in today's dollars. Which coincidentally is what I paid for my last SKS.

Mark

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    WTH, the price went up already.

That's messed up... probably a lot of interest. I'd wait for SKS's to go down to where they belong in price... there is no reason to pay more for an SKS than for an AK.

Mark

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD

25 years ago most SKS on the market were norinco.

after the wall fell the SKS's started pouring out of the cash strapped former com-bloc.

only 5 years ago you could get a good SKS for $100, you could get a like new in the grease one with accessories and even a logbook going back to its original test firing for $130 online.

thankfully i got me one of the near new ones with book and all for $150 at the fredrick silverado show in 05 :party29:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The price varies a bit, and has a lot to do with the model and it's condition. anymore, a decent Yugo goes for about $350, Norincos can fetch $400, Russians are usually $450 and up. Rare variants can cost more than a thousand, and something like a spotless, de-cosmoed Russian can be worth $600 to some buyers who don't want to go through the cosmo removal procedure, there are also bargains to be had, and ocasionally you may find a nice gun with the same price tag it had 2 years ago. However if a rifle is beat up, a common Yugo may go for less than $300, and 2 identical rifles with different markings, or in different conditions maybe worth a difference of $200 perhaps more. They are priced at or below AK territory, however it is a different rifle, some strengths and weaknesses compared to AKs, while their prices are often compared because the buyer is usually going to use both rifles for the same purpose, and cheap AKs do tend to keep the demand for SKS's down, you are not really "settling" for an "inferior" rifle, but choosing something else.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County

Yeah I bought some Yugos at $99 about 4 or 5 years ago, knowing that I should've bought 10 of them but couldn't afford them.:rolleyes:

M1hungry

May 29, 2010
    Perry Hall
    For the most part I believe SKS to be a mystery rifle--by that I mean when you fire it where the bullet goes is a mystery, not exactly a precision piece of hardware. How about the Mosin Nagant? Does anyone have an opinion these? I have been seeing a lot of them at shows recently and was considering one just for kicks (pun intended).

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    For the most part I believe SKS to be a mystery rifle--by that I mean when you fire it where the bullet goes is a mystery, not exactly a precision piece of hardware. How about the Mosin Nagant? Does anyone have an opinion these? I have been seeing a lot of them at shows recently and was considering one just for kicks (pun intended).

i dunno what SKS you've been shooting but they're pretty accurate, no match grade gun, but a good SKS can be near MOA with good ammo.

the mosins are great, cant beat the price or the price of the ammo, great for cheap plinking, again, not a precision rifle, but more than combat effective accuracy in a good rifle with good ammo.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    My scoped SKS keeps about1moa with decent ammo. It is more accurate than any AK and the slower lock time allows for more precision as well. Restocked ,scoped,and fitted with a removable mag it will hang with the best of them and leave others in the dust.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Personally I wouldn't pay more than $350 for one, and that depends on the condition. Go for a Chinese SKS if you can, the Russians are more expensive. $250 seems to be a fair price for the yugo model, but lately I've seen them at around $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom