• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Worth a shot. ;) I find myself going the other way, if I have a fixed blade, I prefer that.

I felt that way too, and i still love it. It should make sense, but in the end, for me, it's become another thing on my belt. Especially now that a blade doesn't need to carry self defense duty.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A fixed blade is nice, yes... but I find that, in my comings and goings, it is more an inconvenience than a folder... plus, I don't get unusual looks when out and about.

Less attention, for me, is an adequate trade-off at this point.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    One blade carried in my off (support)hand pocket. Maybe a small something or other tucked in my waistband somewhere if I'm feeling frisky.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Two ...

A CRKT and a combo Hoof Pick Knife.

Don't ask, and don't call me Mr. Ed ... :innocent0

Attachments

• Hoof Knife.jpg
      Hoof Knife.jpg
      12.6 KB · Views: 94

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Typically have a minimum of a multi tool and at least one folder, not counting others which may be in bags, coats, vehicles, etc.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Two. I have a little victorinox I keep on my key chain and a buck folder if I'm not working. Can't have knives at work so I have the little one on my key chain and one that's the same size on my work keys (Samsung brand).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have been contemplating a kabar tdi knife for gun retention when carrying, anyone have any insight on that knife? Fixed blades are legal concealed here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Strong side pocket is usually contego. It's the easiest to deploy for defense stuff, and I like that it has a glass breaker when I'm in the car. The cpm-m4 also just plain doesn't wear. I can use it all day long and not have to worry about resharpening it.
    shielding tree.jpg

I also usually clip a second in my support side pocket, or 4 oclock on my waistband. Recently, it's been the lightweight manix in cpm-s110v. The blade is perfect for slicing and again, absurd edge retention. I switch to this for finer detail work.
    s110v.jpg

If I'm planning on going shooting, or feel like I may need some basic hand-tools, I replace the contego with my leatherman mut. I also keep a LAPG operator L2 in my lefthand pocket for general light-stuff. If I'm in places where I want to downplay having a knife, I'll ditch the contego and just keep the manix at 4 0clock.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    At ALL times, church or work. LOL
    A folding razor utility knife, a Buck 110 finger groove, a 2 blade Case, and a Leatherman multi tool.

And one I dont count, an engraved 2" folder that was given to me for being "Best Man" at weddin (carry out of rememberance)

So 5, not counting what is in truck, or bug out bags that are usually handy.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    One Kershaw half-serrated blade. Two Kershaw half-serrated blades if I'm feeling bold. They ride alongside each other on the strong side. Yes. I know it makes no sense. No. I don't care...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I may have to go this route when I do carry... but as I live in MD, I go with the folder in the strong-side pocket.

I've already long since started keeping my phone(s) on the weak side.

I initially started carrying weak side because my microtech would hit the barrel of my pistol pretty often. It makes it almost impossible to get. Then I realized if my strong hand got injured somehow and I lost the pistol, it would be easier access for my left hand to reach.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Only one. At present a Benchmade 942BK; used to carry the 710 but it tended to intimidate folks at work. I really don't need the heft of the bigger blade generally, though I'll eventually get a Contego, the grown-up version of my 942.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom