You can carry on the Mall in DC.

Just not into monuments or bldgs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Can’t seem to find an holster (IWB or other) that doesn’t show the silhouette of the gun through my shirt. The looks I get are priceless.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Okay so I have had my permit for around a month, I think I have left the house once or maybe twice in that time with out a pistol on me. So percentage wise I have to be in the 90's for having it on me, but thats just statistics as I basically always have it on me when out.

So to those who have been approved since bruen how often do you have your pistol on you? I am more curious to post bruen permits than people who had them before. I also added an option for those who just want to be counted as being approved and in hand if you dont want to answer the pole other wise. This will also give us a total of people here who have been approved since bruen.
    I shower with mine if that helps you any.....

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Timing is everything and some times it is better to be lucky than good. My MD CCW was due to expire August 2022 and have had one for about 10 years. I worked for a company where I was cleared at every agency and used my previous USCG law enforcement. I retired in March of 2020 so in July when the MD CCW rush was I applied under renewal. Have been approved just waiting for the ID.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I've had a South Carolina CWP for five years and would only carry occasionally when in a state that allowed it. It just always seems that I will be going to a restaurant where I will probably have a few beers or I'm with someone that would be uncomfortable knowing I had a firearm. So I end up leaving the firearm behind when it comes time to go out. Another issue is comfort. It is physically less comfortable when wearing a gun as opposed to not wearing and that factors into the decision. Now that I have a Maryland permit, maybe I will carry more often and get more comfortable regardless of who I'm with.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Another issue is comfort. It is physically less comfortable when wearing a gun as opposed to not wearing and that factors into the decision.
    My sig 365 iwb for some reason pokes me every so often, I have an owb for it as well that is more comfy than my phone in my pocket. My Al framed CCO iwb for some reason is very comfy, that might be due to where the barrel ends and not poking me. My walther p99 iwb is larger and is not comfy but is almost not felt, just something in my belt line.

Time to find different holsters if what you have is not comfortable.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I carry all the time … pre-bruen and post bruen . I did have a short period where I let my permit lapse … that sucked and I will reapply in a timely manner on my renewal…

The other question is how many are planning on open carry vs conceal carry?

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I haven’t left the house without a sidearm since 8/4/22

giphy.gif

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Not all the time. Traveling next 3 weeks by car. And yes in car/ gas stations, hotel and any place NOT posted
    .Where we eat.

Muff Hucka

Jul 9, 2022
    Under your bed
    Unfortunately my work has a "no firearms" policy so I don't bother with carrying to/from work which is a good chunk of my time a way from home. I'm looking to get a good safe for my car and once I do, I'll start bringing it on my commute. I do 160 miles, round trip, Monday thru Thursday.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Unfortunately my work has a "no firearms" policy so I don't bother with carrying to/from work which is a good chunk of my time a way from home...
    As GM, I simply changed our policy to require that someone in MY office is always armed. This does not affect other offices in the building, which have no policy at all.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    There has to be more than 68 people here who have gotten there permits in the last 1.5 months.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Started to go out the door with the wife and I must have been printing really bad because she looked at me and said "that looks ridiculous, leave it here". I have to admit, I might as well have been open carrying. I need a better holster or better summer clothing.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Started to go out the door with the wife and I must have been printing really bad because she looked at me and said "that looks ridiculous, leave it here". I have to admit, I might as well have been open carrying. I need a better holster or better summer clothing.
    Hawaiian shirts my man Hawaiian shirts.

What are you wearing, what are you carrying, where are you carrying, what type holster, in waist band or out, what's your body type? Give that information here and I'm sure folks will offer a plethora of advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom