• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    did this today at hap baker
    its an LMT upper chrome lined m4 profile. just using 55 grain wal mart bulk pack .223

first shot was was the bulls eye before the wind picked up the other 8 were done once it got a little windy
    danspics263.jpg
    :party29:

using a 2moa aimpoint m3 at 200 yard the target was almost invisible with the dot on it

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    From a realistic standpoint-you're not going to win any competitions....But I sure as hell wouldn't want you shooting at me at 200yds ;)

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    From a realistic standpoint-you're not going to win any competitions....But I sure as hell wouldn't want you shooting at me at 200yds ;)

lol I think i would switch to something with a scope and maybe better ammo than walmart bulk federal if i was gonna compete:D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or old school people who still have some degree of vision left can shoot MOA with factory irons too.

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    I think thats pretty good with a 2moa rifle and a 4moa scope. What's that target like 10 inches across?

Very good shooting, well within the limits of the equipment and hunting/combat effective for certain.

yes 10 inches

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Looks about like my groups from the bench with my 16" midlength, 4x scope, rck river trigger, and off the shelf ammo. I figure I could hit a man in the head at 100 yds, and in the chest at 200. groups open up a good bit more over iron sites, naturally. so i'd say youre doing better than me. :thumbsup: keep shooting!

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    Are there any off the paper?

I am not making fun, 200 is a long way. 9 seems like an odd number to shoot.

they are all on paper i thought there were ten rounds left in the mag, turns out my buddy that loaded the mag fired 21 rounds instead of 20 i would have taken a tenth shot but didnt have any more ammo with me :(

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    they are all on paper i thought there were ten rounds left in the mag, turns out my buddy that loaded the mag fired 21 rounds instead of 20 i would have taken a tenth shot but didnt have any more ammo with me :(

I would get better friends.;)

It is interesting to see how much effect wind has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom