• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Isn't there a practical limit to how short you can really go with 5.56, though? It's not so much reliable function, more that the cartridge itself has a bit too much blast from super-short barrels. That's fixable with something like .300BLK, of course...

I'd think so, but I don't know. I think you may have a point as I know that some outfits are now using 6.8 SBRs.

Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    What don't you like about the Storm?

It's not that I have any particular complaint with the Storm, but I really love the AR platform. I love the FCG in the AR, and I love the look. And the price of 9mm ammo doesn't hurt either! (One of the reasons why I like 9mm carbines)

jeff7457

Apr 18, 2010
    I have a CMMG upper on a dedicated CMMG lower. Not a single hickup out of it. Thanks GC! Will be shooting steel with it again this year.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Isn't there a practical limit to how short you can really go with 5.56, though? It's not so much reliable function, more that the cartridge itself has a bit too much blast from super-short barrels. That's fixable with something like .300BLK, of course...

No the issue was that out of a say 10.5 inch barrel the ballistics were a lot more comparable to a .22 mag then most people cared to admit. Hence the move to larger calibers to regain terminal performance with shortened barrels.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    If I were on an entry team I would want an M4. For a fun rifle for range time or steel shooting, I have a LWD lower that takes Glock mags topped of with a CMMG upper. That is a fun gun to play with. I haven't played with it past 100 yards and I haven't benched it at that distance either. It is plenty accurate to ring steel at 100 yards. For a fun gun it is hard to beat.

As far as Rock River, I haven't shot their 9mm rifle. I do have one in 7.62. It would not feed when I bought it. I called them prepared to tell them how I tried several brands of ammo and multiple magazines. The only question they asked was "do you have something to write with". They gave me their shipping account info so UPS could bill them directly. Two weeks later my rifle was back and shooting great. After experiencing that kind of customer service I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom