• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Is MSP going to issue regs on measuring OAL? Will flashhiders be included even if not permanent? Will buttplates?

Anyone have any idea?

This help? (pg. 3) I'm assuming the state is going to use ATF rules at this time.

Attachments

• viewer.jpg
      viewer.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 449
    • viewer (1).jpg
      viewer (1).jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 413
    • viewer (2).jpg
      viewer (2).jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 490

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I need to start mass producing telescoping stocks that are modeled after those cheap lightsaber toys that grow from 1 foot long to 3-4 feet when fully extended...

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    This help? (pg. 3) I'm assuming the state is going to use ATF rules at this time.

Thanks SRD. That is helpful. I'm shocked that they count the bbl length with the stock extended. That's almost too good to be true.

Give your son a big Semper Fi for me!

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013

Dont assume this. Assume that the MSP will measure the weapon in its most compact configuration unless they issue some guidance to the contrary.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    From the base to the tip:innocent0

Remember, don't listen to your wife; it's from the UNDERSIDE of the base to the tip!

...and always remember, attachments don't improve size.

We're talking about barrel length, right?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Dont assume this. Assume that the MSP will measure the weapon in its most compact configuration unless they issue some guidance to the contrary.

Nonsense.. just wait and see. There is a reason why batfe did what it did. No point in speculating at all we can't do anything about it anyway.

Either buy it now if you can or wait for a ruling..

Heres a hint -- the most compact configuration is.... not assembled --- want to keep speculating... remember I got mine...

Think about the implications of what you said and what I said.... then post it here so they bork us hard.

There is no point in speculating in public.. we can not change it we can only make it worse.

Last edited:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Thanks SRD. That is helpful. I'm shocked that they count the bbl length with the stock extended. That's almost too good to be true.

Give your son a big Semper Fi for me!

Just a quick clarification, the stock extended is for OAL (which I know was your original question, just don't want anyone else getting confused.)

Barrel length I believe is measured by inserting a wooden dowel, cleaning rod, etc... into the barrel until it stops against the breach face on a closed breach. That distance to the end of the barrel, or perm attached muzzle device is the official barrel length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom