• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    seems like a high price for that rail though, would rather spend the extra 30 bucks and get a dd or larue full free float rail

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    You are going to have to dremel off the slip ring, and cut the weld spring and clip. The rail install is pretty simple. Just remember to assemble everything before fully tightening the fasteners.

gen1runner

Mar 13, 2009
    Cecil-tuckey

Sorry but the above is airsoft junk,I would never put that on a rifle that would see any real use thats just my personal opinion. Can they be used on the real deal...yes but the prices reflect the quality Im sure.

Midwest Industries and Troy offer the following if you do not want to remove the Delta ring....A more exspensive option is also the KAC RAS

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Midwest-Industries-MCTAR-17-p/mctar-17.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Troy-Ind-Tactical-Free-Float-Carbine-p/troy%20mrf%20di.htm

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The Samson rail is nice (I have one), but the Daniel Defense Omega rails are also nice (have one of those, too), and much, much easier to install.

On the left is the Samson, and on the right, the Daniel Defense:

DSC_0413.jpg

DD uses the existing ring, and still provides a continuous top rail. Takes five minutes to install.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Sorry but the above is airsoft junk,I would never put that on a rifle that would see any real use thats just my personal opinion. Can they be used on the real deal...yes but the prices reflect the quality Im sure.

Midwest Industries and Troy offer the following if you do not want to remove the Delta ring....A more exspensive option is also the KAC RAS

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Midwest-Industries-MCTAR-17-p/mctar-17.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Troy-Ind-Tactical-Free-Float-Carbine-p/troy%20mrf%20di.htm

To each their own. I have both the polymer and aluminum quad rails. If you're just going to hang a light off of it, polymer would be the way to go, just stay away from Tapco. That sure is junk.

Don't discount a product just by the price, do a little homework, to see if it actually is an inexpensive quality feature.

I'm always on the lookout for a bargain of quality. Are you going to get the top end all the time, of course not.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Maui,

Paul Buffoni at BCM will install the rail you want on his upper. That is the way to go. That said, I wouldn't put a Samson rail on it. Follow Jeep's advice- a Larue or DD. If money is an issue, then save a little longer and you will be glad you did. The last thing I would do is have someone like Atlantic install it!

There is a lot of this price measuring BS going on in the forum. If you are too cheap too spend a little extra money on something that may save your life or your families life, then you get what you get. I just don't get how some put down the idea of buying quality weapons, accessories, and other gear. In the end, this is all life saving gear. How can you justify putting a price on that? The mag thread was the best. The aluminum AR15 magazine has caused more malfunctions in that gun than any other single thing. A tremendously better (and cheap) alternative comes out and it gets bad mouthed for being a couple dollars more on average. It makes no sense.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Daniel Defense or LaRue.

No other rails for me.

I'll elaborate a bit more as to why only these rails.

First, size. I like the smaller diameter rails for the way I shoot it allows me to get a better grip on the front end of the gun.

Second, method of attachment. The replacement of the barrel nut, and the anti rotation methods each use. In DD rails, I like the Lite Series. The 6 bolts from 2 different directions secures that rail better then any other rail on the market (imho of course). The M4 series from DD has 2 anti rotation pins that ride in the barrel nut. I suppose, if incorrectly installed and not properly torqued, it could rotate and shear off the gas tube. The LaRue method I feel is better with the 2 bolts and retaining plate. Some say the gas tube is the original anti rotation device. I say anything extra is just added insurance.

The DD Omega series is a quality rail as well. They have made a drop in system that mounts securely on the factory delta ring. I have had one since they came out,many rounds down range,still as tight as the day I installed it.

As far as pricing goes, its a non issue. As Kev said, there is a lot of bargin shopping around here lately. Guns and shooting isn't a cheap hobby. And you get exactly what you pay for. It took me a while to realize that and I have a box full of old parts to prove it. I've re bought and up graded more AR parts then I care to admit. It's Daniel Defense, LaRue, MagPul, Troy and BCM for me. Stop looking at the price first, pick quality, then save to afford it.

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    I think my next rifle will have Troy rails. I'm warming up to the clean look.

I like the Troy rail, but it is heavier and bigger in diameter than DD or LaRue. Larue is my fav (smaller overal diameter), I have broken a DD M4 style at a MagPul class (will try one of there lite series), and had no issues with Troy (did several classes with a Troy, no issues except it is heavy).

hylomar

Feb 15, 2009
    SOMD
    You are going to have to dremel off the slip ring, and cut the weld spring and clip. The rail install is pretty simple. Just remember to assemble everything before fully tightening the fasteners.

Why would you not pull the front sight and slide the slip ring off? Seems a lot easier than trying to weld the ring together.

My handgaurd choise.

Comes with a new barrel nut and installs with the standard barrel wrentch. I don't like grabbing a rail and cutting up my hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom