• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Haters gonna hate and ainters gonna ain't.

Honestly, I don't "hate" anyone on this forum, including you (despite your best efforts). We clearly have different points of view from time to time, but IMO they are mostly style/perception differences.

Some of us are just a bit more tactful and discrete than others. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    As stated it's really more of a database thing, (it can really hose up the system, think of quoted posts, etc etc etc) even if banned or perma-banned your Identity stays here for all eternity, CAN it be done? yeah, but it's rare on any forum to have your total existence wiped out

Dec 31, 2012
    Yes, a name change would be useful. That shouldn't foul up the works. Or even changing ones name to Guest upon request.

Again, I'm not looking to delete my account. But before the Snallygaster beer fest began, a Google search on the term turned up plenty of personal identifiers - so I think there are valid reasons for wanting a name change or deletion. Without going into detail, but as an example, my participation on MDS came up in a conversation in relation to an advisory role with Maryland's venture capital authority.
    So you're a closeted gun owner who's having a crisis because you might have been outed?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yes, a name change would be useful. That shouldn't foul up the works. Or even changing ones name to Guest upon request.

Again, I'm not looking to delete my account. But before the Snallygaster beer fest began, a Google search on the term turned up plenty of personal identifiers - so I think there are valid reasons for wanting a name change or deletion. Without going into detail, but as an example, my participation on MDS came up in a conversation in relation to an advisory role with Maryland's venture capital authority.

Not to be too pointed, but if you have personal identifiers associated with your screen name you messed up.

But for one inadvertent screwup (not just mine) 2 years ago, I would be completely anonymous. It can be done.

But, a cosmetic name change on your forum account doesn't change anything on the forum for the intrepid.

Now, if you abandon this account and re-up under another name?? That's between you and the Mods...

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Not to be too pointed, but if you have personal identifiers associated with your screen name you messed up.

But for one inadvertent screwup (not just mine) 2 years ago, I would be completely anonymous. It can be done.

But, a cosmetic name change on your forum account doesn't change anything on the forum for the intrepid.

Now, if you abandon this account and re-up under another name?? That's between you and the Mods...

Agreed. A complete lack of foresight on my part. I have no real expectation of anonymity here or elsewhere on the interwebz, but, you know, might as well not make it easy for people. Particularly criminals.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    My advice -

Call the number on this card. Tell the guy "I need a new dust filter for my Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60."

He will take it from there.

Attachments

• Ed's_card_1.jpg
      Ed's_card_1.jpg
      15.3 KB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956