• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FRANKCASTLE

Apr 28, 2013
    What information do I need to call or mail the atf and ask when or what the status is on my suppressors ? I did all the papers via an nfa trust in early January , I should be anyday now but I thought there was a way to check on status? What info do I need and where do I call iam getting close to 6 mos so I would think I should be getting close

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    You need the serial number, the dealers name and address. And either your name ( if is not registered under a trust) or your trust name.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You need the serial number, the dealers name and address. And either your name ( if is not registered under a trust) or your trust name.

Yep, made that call dozens of times. This will be your basic conversation:

HI I'd like to check on a Form 4

What is the serial number?

12345, my name is Clint Eastwood, and its transferring through Kick Ass Armament, LLC.

That was approved on June 13th. We apologize that it has not been received yet by your dealer.

ok, all but the last sentence. :)

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yep, made that call dozens of times. This will be your basic conversation:

HI I'd like to check on a Form 4

What is the serial number?

12345, my name is Clint Eastwood, and its transferring through Kick Ass Armament, LLC.

That was approved on June 13th. We apologize that it has not been received yet by your dealer.

ok, all but the last sentence. :)
    lol, absolutely this. Had this conversation many times.

FRANKCASTLE

Apr 28, 2013
    Ok so yea its approved and we wont tell you when u get it basically but lets try to guess if I did paperwork on jan 1st would it be ready soon or really there is no damn way to tell and there is no rhyme or reason I was told by my boy yesterday that some of his are back in 3 mnths others take a year WTF???

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Ok so yea its approved and we wont tell you when u get it basically but lets try to guess if I did paperwork on jan 1st would it be ready soon or really there is no damn way to tell and there is no rhyme or reason I was told by my boy yesterday that some of his are back in 3 mnths others take a year WTF???

The best you can do is go by what other people's wait times are, and call in periodically.

There's this thread:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=23516

Or this website:
    www.nfatracker.com

You can get a pretty good guesstimate about when your stuff should come back, but there's no way to be 100% certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom