• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    It's been a few years since I've been to Hap Baker. Does it get crowded at all on Wednesday or Thursday mornings and afternoons? My brother is coming to town soon and wants to go to the range. Normally I go to Cresap, but he might not be able to go when that is open. Thanks.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    During the weekday mornings/afternoons, its pretty quiet to moderate for the most part. I have gone a few times and there's maybe 2-3 shooters there on the rifle range and typically 1-2 in the pistol. Only time it really gets sketchy is leading up to major Black powder and rifle seasons. At that time of year all walks will take a day off a work to make sure they fill their freezer. That combined with normal traffic can have you waiting hours. Longest I ever waited for a lane was 4 hours day before rifle opened. Got there few mins after opening and got a lane by noon. We left by 4 and there were still 3 in the chute waiting for a lane almost all day. I ALWAYS bring a pistol even if I want to shoot rifle. Seldom are all the rifle AND pistol ranges full. Me thinks if you are going in the next month or so you should be just fine.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    I was there yesterday (Friday) - arrived around 10:30 and only had to wait through one course of fire to get a 25/50/100/200yd lane.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Ok thanks. We would be going in a few weeks. I hadn't been there lately, but heard that it could get pretty crowded.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    During the weekday mornings/afternoons, its pretty quiet to moderate for the most part. I have gone a few times and there's maybe 2-3 shooters there on the rifle range and typically 1-2 in the pistol. Only time it really gets sketchy is leading up to major Black powder and rifle seasons. At that time of year all walks will take a day off a work to make sure they fill their freezer. That combined with normal traffic can have you waiting hours. Longest I ever waited for a lane was 4 hours day before rifle opened. Got there few mins after opening and got a lane by noon. We left by 4 and there were still 3 in the chute waiting for a lane almost all day. I ALWAYS bring a pistol even if I want to shoot rifle. Seldom are all the rifle AND pistol ranges full. Me thinks if you are going in the next month or so you should be just fine.

This has been my experience too. I usually do weekday afternoons and it's almost always just a few other shooters on the rifle range. Once once did I have to wait and that was just a few days before black powder season. But I always bring a pistol or two for something to do in case there is a wait… I've never seen the pistol range full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom