• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    "It's good to be the king"

Even if Miller is out, after 32 years there could be some residual influence? I'm guessing the hprb has been repealed?

Miller will not only be out, he will be GONE. As in dead. He has terminal prostate cancer. Even Al Capone couldn't run things from "the beyond."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    SB1000 also passed the House with 87 votes. Since it passed with 30 votes (needed 28 to be an emergency bill), the HPRB Repeal will be sent back to the Senate as Passed and will likely be presented to the Governor for his determinations. He can choose any of the three following actions:
    1. Sign into law.
    2. Allow into law without signature.
    3. Veto.

Personally, I have no faith that the Governor will veto the bill, despite it being a blatant power grab and slap in the face to both the citizens of the state and his office.

My guess is that the Gutless Wonder will do nothing and allow them to become law. That way he can wash his hands of controversy, just like Pilate.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    The Governor has been going after the legislature lately regarding comprehensive crime, redistricting and today tax relief. All of these things are falling on deaf ears anyway. What’s the strategy to get him to consider a veto on 1000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The Governor has been going after the legislature lately regarding comprehensive crime, redistricting and today tax relief. All of these things are falling on deaf ears anyway. What’s the strategy to get him to consider a veto on 1000?

PIZZA. LOTS AND LOTS OF PIZZA! ALL HE CAN EAT!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well, if I were trying to make nice to the guy that might save my ass, I would fat shame him on the internet especially given that his aides are known to read MDS. Or something. But if he blows us off, maybe we should have fat shamed him louder.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    LARRY (OR LARRY's PEEPS): I will buy the first FIVE (5) PIZZAS. I'll even throw in a couple 32OZ. BIG GULP drinks. Larry's choice of diet or regular.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    LARRY (OR LARRY's PEEPS): I will buy the first FIVE (5) PIZZAS. I'll even throw in a couple 32OZ. BIG GULP drinks. Larry's choice of diet or regular.

I think we may need more PIZZA. These are Larry's peeps.

Attachments

• Larry and his peeps.jpg
      Larry and his peeps.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 192

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Joe Flacco and Larry Hogan the best we ever had yet still not good enough for some.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Best we ever had, until they spend the last 3 years of their time here fuc+*ng us over.

History will be the judge on this. I’m not expecting the new guy to last a season and wonder how the LG will fair ?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Luke Broadwater can't do math ...

Maryland General Assembly votes to abolish state's Handgun Permit Review Board
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-handgun-board-repeal-20190404-story.html

In recent years, the board has grown more permissive, routinely granting requests from gun owners to overturn permit denials or to remove the restrictions.

Of 269 cases the board reviewed from December 2017 through November 2018, the board reversed state police decisions 77 times and modified them 145 times. Combined, that’s a rate of overturning or modifying state police decisions 83 percent of the time.

Of course, he probably can, but what he writes is misleading. What is the total number of State Police LD decisions on carry permits in 2017 (denials and approvals)? This should be the denominator in the calculation. Let's say it was 5000. Then 4.44% of LD decisions from 2017 were overturned or modified.

But I guess it's more of an emergency if you report that 83% percent were (with that ambiguous qualification "of the time" to give you license).

Of course cases with a higher chance of modification or overturning will be over-represented in what the HPRB sees as well, as they will self-select. Many of those that feel that restrictions or a denial might have been appropriate won't contest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I just see it as the MSPLD was wrong 83% of the time.

But its probably more than that, considering that they (according to the Atterbeary lie)let prohibited persons actually get to the review board.

According to her (Attebeary) most recent testimony ON THE RECORD she thinks the MSPLD is doing impeccable unquestionable work.

If that is so, HOW on God's green earth did MSPLD let a prohibited person get to the HPRB?

Somebody answer that. I've got a wheelbarrow, shovel some shit in it

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    It wasn’t a very impassioned speech for the two amendments. I realize it was a long shot, but the assemblyman could have had something worthwhile to say. The argument against the amendments was hogwash, and wasn’t refuted!
    Not like they didn’t know who to ask to write something - any of the hundreds that testified could have made a better speech. Now if Hogan signs this, it would be a twist of the knife.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom