• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    We've gone through a number of folks over the years. Started with a good one (just an independent hard working lady that we found by word of mouth). She wound up moving out of state and then we tried some companies we didn't like. Eventually found a hard working an honest mother/daughter team that have been great. They come every other week, charge 200, and spend 4-5 hours doing things top to bottom.

We have had better luck with independents than corporate services.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Man, I hate it when renaissance reconnaissance comes right into your house. All those painters with their easels everywhere... sculptors getting marble dust all over the floor...
    Drives me crazy.

Plus they never actually come back later to wipe up the dust.

:sad20:
    reconnaissance. I hate spell check sometimes....

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I do not want anyone in my house I do not know and even if I know them, they may not be let in. Her is why; when I had my locksmith business, I received a call to open a house. When I arrived, the lady said she locked her keys inside. I asked to see her driver's license and it did not match the address. I questioned her and she said she worked as the housekeeper and my BS meter kicked in. So, she said she would come back later, and asked me to move my truck so she could leave. I called the local Sherriff's office and a deputy responded. Come to find out she was fired by the owner, and she was attempting to rob the place. Just like people posting on social media when they will be going on vacation they are asking to be robbed.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Yes
    Local lady - Owner/Operator.
    Calvert County.
    Once every two weeks.
    Cleans just about everything and changes the linen.
    3800 sq ft, 4 bedroom but there are only two of us so we don't have her bother with the spare bedrooms or the office.
    She was $150 a pop but we raised it to $175 on our own because she has been with us for years, we are pleased with the job she does and she has never once raised her price on us.

We don't have any children and we both work full time plus my side hustle is charter fishing - we simply don't have the time or energy for housework but yet I am a bit of a clean freak so it works well for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom