• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Thought I'd post this. It's a little different than the OP, but right from their site: http://www.horstguns.com/membershipinfo.htm

Fees & Membership

$8.00 for range time on one lane (30 minutes) with purchase of H&M ammunition ($11 if ammunition supplied by customer, jacketed bullets with a non-lead base required, e.g., total metal jacket TMJ, or jacketed hollow point/jacketed soft point, JHP, JSP)
    $6.00 for one additional person sharing the lane, (30 minutes) ($9 if ammunition supplied by customer, jacketed bullets with metal base required)
    Children 13 and under receive free range time with a paid adult.
    $7.00 Commissioned Law Enforcement Officers with a valid commission card or police ID, for range time on one lane (30 minutes). ($10 if ammunition supplied by customer, jacketed bullets with metal base required)
    $7.00 for active duty military personnel. ($10 if ammunition supplied by customer, jacketed bullets with metal base required)
    Great selection of fairly priced targets available (H&M targets required on range)
    Note- Boy/Girl Scout Merit Badge Program: Range time is free for the Scout and coach. Any other range use beyond what is required for the badge charged the regular range fee.

Membership Programs

Full Membership

Free Range Time for 12 months, starting from purchase date plus discounts on firearms rentals, purchases and educational programs

$300 for individual membership, plus tax
    $325 for Couple, plus tax (couple defined as spouse or significant other with the same address, or parent and one minor child)
    $350 for Family, plus tax (family defined as spouse or significant other, minor children, under 18 designated as child or guardian status, does not need to share the same address)
    Renewals: $25.00 discount plus tax if renewed before expiration.

Associate Membership

$85 plus tax for the first year
    One Year individual Membership
    Range time is reduced to $4.00 plus tax each 1/2 hour of range time.
    Renewals are $10.00 discount plus tax each year if renewed before expiration.
    Firearms Rental

$7.50 per firearm, plus Horst & McCann purchased ammunition, $6.00 for members
    Firearm Storage

$50.00 per firearm per year, $40.00 for full members.
    Store your firearms at Horst and McCann. Avoid the hassle of home storage, risk of theft, and the issues of transporting your firearms to and from the range. Our storage service affords you the convenience of keeping your firearm at the range, out of the hands of criminals and unauthorized users.

Educational Programs

Firearm Training Program $80.00

Eye and ear protection always offered free of charge

11Bravo

NRA Lifer
    Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona the land of the FREE
    I like the people there, hate the couple things I mentioned prior. I would rather see them loosen up a bit on policy rather than close down. That place has been there forever and I think it's a good thing there is a local range for people to shoot, learn, buy, whatever etc...although I choose not to visit, it still gives me the warm and fuzzies to live in an area that at least has a local range.

For what they charge for a half hour I can spend all day at Elk Neck, Not only that but I can use whatever cheap ammo I please by the boat load. Granted they are in the business to make money, I think having predatory policies because you are the only game in town sales allot about the character of managment and ownership. I for one will NEVER give them my business again. I prefer to avoid them like the plague. Not saying everyone should feel the same as me, Just expressing my oppinion. And really I would rather see no shop at all over one that takes advantage of those around that dont have a better option.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    For what they charge for a half hour I can spend all day at Elk Neck, Not only that but I can use whatever cheap ammo I please by the boat load. Granted they are in the business to make money, I think having predatory policies because you are the only game in town sales allot about the character of management and ownership. I for one will NEVER give them my business again. I prefer to avoid them like the plague. Not saying everyone should feel the same as me, Just expressing my opinion. And really I would rather see no shop at all over one that takes advantage of those around that don't have a better option.

I'm not a business man and I agree I hate how expensive they are but I was thinking how much do you think their liability insurance is? It's probably really high being that its in town etc....

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    They're only charging what people are willing to pay. If people weren't paying, then they would have closed already.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm not a business man and I agree I hate how expensive they are but I was thinking how much do you think their liability insurance is? It's probably really high being that its in town etc....

They're actually outside of town, well outside. Forest Hill is all county.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    They're actually outside of town, well outside. Forest Hill is all county.

They are located in Bel Air; it just happens to be they're on the town's border. If it is insurance, and I doubt that it is, the insurer probably doesn't care how far away from the center of town they are located. The fact is they are in town. I will say that it feels more like Forest Hill than Bel Air. Mostly likely, the lack of competition in the area has something to do with the high range costs and a communist ammunition policy.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If you bought a membership and brought your own ammo, if wouldn't be too bad. Are there cheaper options? Yes. Is it nice to be able to shoot year round and not have to plan your target practice on the weather or daylight? Definitely. I'm actually thinking about getting a membership and trying to get a roup buy on the ammo.

Anyone interested in seeing if we can get a group membership discount, then maybe trying to do a group buy on ammo?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    If you bought a membership and brought your own ammo, if wouldn't be too bad. Are there cheaper options? Yes. Is it nice to be able to shoot year round and not have to plan your target practice on the weather or daylight? Definitely. I'm actually thinking about getting a membership and trying to get a roup buy on the ammo.

Anyone interested in seeing if we can get a group membership discount, then maybe trying to do a group buy on ammo?

Maybe

64Post

Mar 30, 2010
    Millers Island, MD
    Me and the wife were looking for an enclosed range on this side of town and H & M looked to fit the bill... until I read all of the rules and restrictions. I'm not about to sell off my ammo stash of FMJ and then replace it with TMJ -- that's just stupid.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008

Id be interested as well definately depends on the price though

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'm gonna go up there next week and ask about an MDshooters group rate for memberships. Maybe we can get the price down some. If you shot their for an hour a week, it would cost $16 x 36 weeks of shooting(on average) = $516. This assumes you buy their ammo, but I would definitley bring my own. So their membership prices aren't too bad, but less would be nice:)

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    For those of us interested, reply to this post and add your name. Maybe if I show them a list of people wanting to join at better prices, they may be more willing to talk.

1. montoya32
    2. a81lp
    3. Kharn (I should be up for renewal in January)

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I shoot there whenever I get the chance, I've been an annual member since they opened; I wonder how the annual membership prices are moving after 1 Nov. My normal bill after a shooting session is $1.01, one target after tax.

Walmart used to have cheap Remington JHP value packs but I haven't seen them in 9mm in a while, Federal 22lr bulk is good-to-go since its copper washed.

But wtf is up with their transfer prices ($75 cash before they'll send their FFL)? If you have five buyers a month with effectively limitless firearms for transfer you don't raise prices to get more money from those same people, you lower your prices to bring in more buyers... (I will admit I bought some NFA stuff through them, but it was worth the highway robbery to be able to shoot my stuff weekly while waiting for the paperwork to clear).

1. montoya32
    2. a81lp

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    For those of us interested, reply to this post and add your name. Maybe if I show them a list of people wanting to join at better prices, they may be more willing to talk.

1. montoya32
    2. a81lp
    4. 05dodgdaytona (Family Membership)

Interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom