• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I ordered my Hornady LnL today. My question is can I get just the bullet feeder die and rig up some hard plastic tuning on top of it and load like 10-20 bullets in it instead of spending the $200+ on the kit? Looking at it I don't see why it wouldn't work. Also any hints or accesories I should order? Thanks

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    was thinking doing the same thing and just have a long clear tube. i guess you just have to be careful how you load the bullets.. point up that is.

only accessory i got for it now is the case feeder.. it helps a lot.. loading handgun ammo. :)

dj_in_md

Aug 28, 2008
    Almost WV
    Search google for mods to the hornady bullet feeder die. I think this may be what you are thinking of. RCBS sells the single bullet feeder die with the tube for just what you have in mind.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I ordered my Hornady LnL today. My question is can I get just the bullet feeder die and rig up some hard plastic tuning on top of it and load like 10-20 bullets in it instead of spending the $200+ on the kit? Looking at it I don't see why it wouldn't work. Also any hints or accesories I should order? Thanks

I have done exactly this, using clear rigid plastic tubing with pins inserted into each end to keep the bullets in place while not in use. Insert the tube into the Hornady bullet feeding die and viola, auto-loading bullets. However, the tubes are annoying, as you can only make them so long before they become unweildly sitting on top of the die, and you still have to load them. I like to reload 500 to 1000 at a time, and i just can't have enough tubes on hand to do the job. Now I just want the auto feeder, it was inevitable.

I have the auto case loader, and this was an excellent purchase.

If you want details on size of tubing, or where to purchase, just drop me a PM.

nyc71

May 14, 2012
    I'm waiting on the bullet sitting die to arrive. I'm going to try to modify it for lead bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom