• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    Nothing new. I would almost respect these people if someone came up with an original thought like an 11 or 9 round limit. Why 10?

More dribble. Yeah, "Here's my shocked face"....

432330d1331790609-redbull-widebody-project-shockedface.jpg

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Hey... it's softer than SOME pieces they've run in the past!

Seriously, though... apart from the opening semi-hysteric salvo, the piece wasn't too bad, and Webster acknowledged some points we can all agree on. What I didn't like was the (understated) assumption that guns equal problems in ANY hands. But, at least it was softer than in the past, and admitted that at least half the population are gun rights friendly.

Patrick was, well, Patrick (which is to say "fabulous!"), and laid it out well.

BTW... has any progress been made on getting Mary Bubala to the range? I got the distinct impression from meeting her several weeks back, that she was (to coin a term) "swayable".

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Maybe MSI should conduct a medical study and submit its findings to Hopkins and the media. MSI is as qualified to make medical statement as Hopkins is to make statements regarding firearms and constitutional rights.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    WTF does a hospital's opinion on public safety have any weight?

Maybe I should have the NRA issue me a report on why my motorcycle leaks.

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    I like the discussion on 18-20 year olds...

"They can't drink so why would we let them own guns". Shouldn't someone in the editing process point out that the US Military teaches 18-20 year olds how to use guns and explosives and kill in other ways and has done so for our entire past?

Maybe using my logic we should allow them to have guns and drink :eek:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I caught Patrick's remarks on WJZ. Unfortunately they misspelled his last name. The piece was of course slanted in such a way to not appear slanted, but hey, it's the media.

Facts over feelings every time, folks.

I was tired and off the game, but hoped they would focus on the inanimate objects points. Firearms are not voodoo dolls.

Webster got more time on air because he was available to be on air. I was offered the same, but my schedule wouldn't allow it.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Hey... it's softer than SOME pieces they've run in the past!

Seriously, though... apart from the opening semi-hysteric salvo, the piece wasn't too bad, and Webster acknowledged some points we can all agree on. What I didn't like was the (understated) assumption that guns equal problems in ANY hands. But, at least it was softer than in the past, and admitted that at least half the population are gun rights friendly.

The Hopkins report is a rehash of the same ideas, but looking deeper their approach is to link to incrementally expand existing federal laws. They don't have the juice to get original. Even they feel their only possible route to success will come from incremental approaches: Felon-in-possession, drugs, DV...all in law today. What they propose in those cases is what already exists, plus an ability to administratively rescind the right from people without due process.

That's the goal, and frankly their biggest challenge. Even those politicians inclined to not like guns or gun owners bristle as they learn that the proposals are to eliminate a right without any form of due process. Some won't care, but the majority do. It has stopped these proposals cold in the past, and will continue to stop them going forward.

But it's up to us to make the politicians understand the issues. MSI can say it, but it's the thousands who say it in unison that make it sink home.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I view a gun control report from Hopkins like a drug effectiveness report paid for by the drug maker. Though the research is done "independently" the hope for future business (or contributions) could sway the results. Even if there is no bias, you can't get around the appearance of bias. Hopkins' largest individual benefactor (Bloomberg) is stridently anti-gun. Why would I assume they would find any differently?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I view a gun control report from Hopkins like a drug effectiveness report paid for by the drug maker. Though the research is done "independently" the hope for future business (or contributions) could sway the results. Even if there is no bias, you can't get around the appearance of bias. Hopkins' largest individual benefactor (Bloomberg) is stridently anti-gun. Why would I assume they would find any differently?

That's an excellent analogy.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Yeah SSDD. I could find a clipping of some article from the Sun I collected 20 years ago that probably is full of all of the same drivel. And a 12 year old could do better research than Webster and pals.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    IRONIC! my girlfriends dad is WAY up on the Hopkins food chain, and he just asked me to take him shooting for the first time! hahhahaha i guess he didnt get the memo that guns are EVIL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom