• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    the one not working right now is natural gas, i think he said its made by Goodman? i never have heard of them..

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    My company works in Dover, We could go out and see if it is repairable or if it should be replaced for $59, and then give him some options depending on what we find.

JoshHop

Nov 22, 2010
    Crofton Md.
    I had my gas furnace replaced last year, think it cost me like $7,500 (From a Family Friend). Crap is just expensive (Note, this was for the removal of the old, provide and install new w/ outside carrier unit.)

JH

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I just had a Goodman system installed in 2010. Works fine. I believe that Goodman also owns the Amana line of HVAC equipment too.

The guy who installed my equipment (ADI Heating & Air Conditioning) is located in Montgomery County MD. He's very honest but he would not be able to travel to Delaware. I posted more to mention that the Goodman brand is still around.

Good luck getting your heat working again.

the one not working right now is natural gas, i think he said its made by Goodman? i never have heard of them..

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Goodman is one of the largest manufactures in the world, and have designed some of the new technologies on the industry, along with some of the best warranties available.

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    Correct on goodman and amana. Most equipment out there is pretty much the same stuff. Everybody is making decent stuff these days. Nobody will convince me otherwise until I see different components go into these things. Most use universal components.

As for your friend, tell him the ask these companies exactly what is wrong. Unless it's a heat exchanger crack most other things are repairable. Heat exchanger is usually expensive enough to warrant a consideration of replacement.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Member VNVGUNNER is an HVAC guy I believe and he's down your way.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Anyone know one in central maryland? My gas HVAC unit is starting to make noise when the fan first kicks on, then it gets quiet as its heating. Repeats this cycle next time it comes on.

Didn't do this a week ago.

shoot trbon8r a PM. He had some work done a while back.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    for most HVAC companies the money is in replacement. Not nearly enough money in repair for them these days.
    I interviewed with an owner of one of these companyies in Elkton. He told me his best guys make over 100k. He told me when they get a call from a home owner they always recommend replacement.
    Most of these companies also have maint. contracts for commercial work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom