• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovefreedom82

Feb 15, 2012
    Owings Mills, Maryland
    I apologize in advance if this thread was previously posted. Do you have a home invasion plan in place to protect your family and/or valuables? I guess, I'm more cautious because one of my family member's house was burglarized recently, in Baltimore City. No one was home at the time when this happened, but they lost a lot of valuables. The intruder was caught...his reasoning behind it was gang initiation.

I would like to have a safe installed to store my valuables. / :o

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    1. Dogs stop home invaders long enough for me to retrieve the shotgun from the river.

2. Apply Shotgun liberally.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    A home invasion is a bit different then a burglary really.

A burglary would indicate the house is empty while a home invasion means you were home.

For a burglary keep your doors locked, if you are out at night have times on the light, make nice with your neighbors, motion detector lights, and an alarm system is a good idea. A safe bolted to the studs is also a good idea.

As for home invasions be prepared to defend yourself and your family with force. Have a plan of what you will do and how you will access your weapon for defense. Look around your house and realize how many "weapons" you have handy...you dont have to run upstairs to your safe to defend yourself. Mindset mindset mindset.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Home invasion is a lot rarer than burglary. But if it does happen to you, grab the closest thing that will do the most damage.

lovefreedom82

Feb 15, 2012
    Owings Mills, Maryland
    A home invasion is a bit different then a burglary really.

A burglary would indicate the house is empty while a home invasion means you were home.

For a burglary keep your doors locked, if you are out at night have times on the light, make nice with your neighbors, motion detector lights, and an alarm system is a good idea. A safe bolted to the studs is also a good idea.

As for home invasions be prepared to defend yourself and your family with force. Have a plan of what you will do and how you will access your weapon for defense. Look around your house and realize how many "weapons" you have handy...you dont have to run upstairs to your safe to defend yourself. Mindset mindset mindset.

:sad20:I understand there's a difference between the two. I was alarmed that I didn't have any plans in place for neither. :o

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Call Servpro to clean up the mess.

We had someone try to enter our house once at like 11:30 at night, then our neighbors at 1:30 AM. A lot of our valuable are hidden, some in plain site. We do have decoy cheap jewelry. Our doors/windows are higher strength and alarmed. At night I also place a chair by the back door (inside) to slow/stumble an intruder and give me some time and alert. The front door has a blockage of sorts as well. We have a plan on how to round up the kids with my wife and hide by the phone while I go out and get thrown to the wolves. However, she won't be hiding unarmed either.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My neighbor's house is prettier than mine ... that's my pre-emptive plan for both :D

Visible alarm system and signs and a mean cat that runs toward threats like a guard dog (kind of freaky when strangers knock on the door) ... not full deterrents but should give me a chance to reach my arms

Attachments

• snowy.jpg
      snowy.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 242
    Last edited:

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    My plan. Have the ugliest house in the neighborhood and two English Mastiffs waiting inside. Most every burglar will just choose a different house. If its a home invasion, I will have time to grab a gun.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    At home, I'm generally never without a gun close at hand (if not actually on my person).

This includes outside.

As for the wife, she's getting more comfortable carrying her revolver with her when the neighborhood just doesn't 'feel right'.

My sons also know the response codewords in case they come by at an odd hour and we're not expecting them (or if they're staying here and something goes BUMP in the night).

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Yup, stay in my bedroom tell them I've called the cops. If my cat leaves the room I'm going after her with guns blazing. Stuff can be replaced...my kitty, not so much.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    I'm always prepared for uninvited dinner guests. Hope they're hungry, because they're getting a steaming plate of ching-ching-pow.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Yes, I have a home invasion plan. Yes, I have a burglary plan. Yes, I have an outside the home attack plan. I have prepared myself and my wife for just about any type of emergency that will arise.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    We also have a plan, the only problem is I don't think the dogs will cooperate with the authorities that show up looking for the pieces.:lol2:

May 13, 2005
    I was home invaded when I lived in AZ. It's a terrible experience. Have a plan, and a back-up plan and a back-up to the back-up, but when it's all said and done, it won't play out like you think it will. Make sure your plans allow for adaptability, because there are 10 things that can happen for every one you thought of.

My plans are well thought out with years of planning, have many contingencies and are constantly updated and practiced, but I sure as shit wouldn't post them in a public forum.

I can help structure yours based on your surroundings capabilities, equipment and other factors which influence your particular situation, but for those of you that are posting your actual plans or capabilities, understand you are hurting yourself. duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom