• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I will remember that if German frogmen ever need to secure my Koi pond, they prefer H&K.

angler

Mar 30, 2010
    and then post a link to that safety hood! Holy crap. If I had that hood I'd be trying to blow up my guns too........

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Back in the late '70s or early '80s "Guns & Ammo" had an article about firing guns underwater. They explained all of the hassle to get air bubbles out of the barrel, so that the bullet wouldn't hit the bubble. The bubble wouldn't compress and could have caused the barrel to rupture at the impact point. Seems like HK solved that problem. Wonder what would have to be done to the M16/M4 platform? Is it just the barrel?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Back in the late '70s or early '80s "Guns & Ammo" had an article about firing guns underwater. They explained all of the hassle to get air bubbles out of the barrel, so that the bullet wouldn't hit the bubble. The bubble wouldn't compress and could have caused the barrel to rupture at the impact point. Seems like HK solved that problem. Wonder what would have to be done to the M16/M4 platform? Is it just the barrel?

I saw a show on the History Channel the other day called "High Impact: M16" and the end of the show was basically an advertisement for the HK416. They said H&K made ports in the buffer/buffer tube assembly (see the water spewing out of the buttstock in the video) and altered the bolt carrier group to reduce pressure allowing it to work while full of water. The magazine also seems to allow a lot of water to flow out of it as well.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Since we can't buy the HK 416 and when the Civilian version is available it will sell for about 2500 bucks:sad20:. You may want to take a look at the
    Made in USA Robinson XCR.

Here is the man himself Alex Robinson doing his version of the Beach Test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db8mmURVswc

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom