• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    HK replicas in .22LR!Awesome!

Check this out guys. HK is going in with Umarex to produce high quality HK replicas. Now i know why the fought it out with the GSG. They were trying to eliminate the competition before they released theirs.
    http://www.hk22rimfire.com/index.php?page=416-d145rs

HK416 D .22 Tactical Rimfire.jpg
    the 416 is slated to come out first in the spring followed by the MP5. I can tell you one thing they are "exact" replicas in every sense of the word. I might have to get the 416. Thats one nice looking rifle.
    umarex_hk_22lr_hk416_and_hk_mp5.jpg
    From the site:
    H&K 416 D145RS .22 LR

The .22 caliber HK 416 is loaded with authentic features. From its appearance, feel, and operation, right down to the sling swivel incorporated into the stock, the 416 D145RS is a replica in every sense.

Like all the .22LR H&Ks offered by Umarex, the 416 is a dedicated .22 rimfire rifle. It is engineered and built in Germany by Carl Walther with a match grade precision barrel, upper and lower metal receivers, a retractable stock, and a machined rail interface system. The 416’s pistol grip and buttstock are authentic in that they include storage compartments for small tools or batteries.

The magazines for the .22 caliber 416 are made of high-strength polymer and are designed to make loading simple and efficient. They’re available in either a 20- or 10-round version.
    Operation

The .22 caliber HK 416 D145RS operates on a blowback system. The dust cover functions and the bolt holds open when the magazine empties. Its sights are on-rail and the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. Its safety selector rotates 90 degrees from ‘On Safe’ to ‘Fire’. Take down for basic cleaning is simple—there are no loose parts. Just remove the rear receiver pin and pivot the upper receiver to open.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Schwing!! I was looking at the GSG's but heard mixed reviews. I think I see one of these in my future.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Not really,

But when the price comes in over $500. Many will be vindicated :D

gsg is now selling the gsg522 they just had to make a certain amount of changes they can sell them again. o ad they're supposed to be cheaper this time and then theres the 110 round drum mags that will work on the old gsg5 the new gsg522 and the gsgak-47

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    gsg is now selling the gsg522 they just had to make a certain amount of changes they can sell them again. o ad they're supposed to be cheaper this time and then theres the 110 round drum mags that will work on the old gsg5 the new gsg522 and the gsgak-47

:drool:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Why only .22? I want a semi-auto 9mm MP-5. There would be a huge market for them. Or maybe you have to be a 1337 operator just to handle one so they are protecting me from myself.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    They look nice, but the Colt/Umarex rifles are POS. I hope these are better made, but I won't hold my breath.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Why only .22? I want a semi-auto 9mm MP-5. There would be a huge market for them. Or maybe you have to be a 1337 operator just to handle one so they are protecting me from myself.

My B-I-L gets to use a real MP-5, and he DOESN'T EVEN LIKE GUNS!!!

Life just ain't fair. :sad20:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    The funny thing about the new gsg522 is u can buy an aftermarket kit from ati and make it exactly like the original :P it just can't be sold in that format but they can sell parts kits for you to do it. GSG and ATI really are sticking it to HK and its great!

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    They look nice, but the Colt/Umarex rifles are POS. I hope these are better made, but I won't hold my breath.

I own a Colt/Umarex ... put about 2500-3000 rounds in it so far and haven't had a single problem.

What's wrong with yours?
    Or do you even own one?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I own a Colt/Umarex ... put about 2500-3000 rounds in it so far and haven't had a single problem.
    Didn't I read that someone here had the receiver break on them? I'm not indicting Umarex as a whole for that, every company has a lemon or two, but no need to get so snippy.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA

or the civilian version of the UMP that doesn't cost $2000, and isn't a stripped down version to satisfy import laws. I demand a .45 carbine that doesn't require modified uzi magazines (AR upper) or pistol magazines (CX4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom