• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Immediate opening for a metal bandsaw operator in W. Baltimore. We are a fab/machine shop building large marine mining equipment. I am directly in charge of hiring; please PM or respond here with any questions.

Pay rate will be in the range of $15 - $17 an hour. We offer paid leave, 401k, and decent health insurance. Hours are M-F 6-2:30 or 5-1:30 and can be decided at time of offer/hiring.

Sorry for the poor formatting, I copied it from a Word document and I'm not re-writing the whole thing. You get the idea of what I'm after.

The general responsibility of the saw operator is to locate and cut material as needed, to satisfy the requirements of the job/traveler, while maintaining a neat and organized work area.

Responsibilities and Duties

The responsibilities and duties listed below are the minimum requirements for this position and are not all inclusive. Your supervisor may require other duties throughout the course of the day.

Material to be cut

Review job traveler for specific material requirements to complete the traveler.
    Locate material: Material is most of the time located in the material racks in the saw area, but the operator may have to also walk outside checking the yard where material is stored and or received, to locate the required material.
    Any material located outside; the saw operator shall coordinate with the material handler to have material brought inside.
    Once brought inside, material should promptly be removed from the material cart and either sawed to necessary lengths, or put in its proper place in the storage rack.
    If there is going to be “Drop” material that has to be moved back outside, it is the responsibility of the saw operator to place the material back on the material cart and push it outside so the material handler can put it back in its proper place.

Quality Control

After material is cut, check the measurements to ensure proper size.
    Also inspect the piece to make sure the cut has been made square, or to the proper angle if required.

Stocking Material

Stock Material that is brought inside should be promptly put in its proper location.
    Ensure material is properly marked with part numbers on both ends of the material

Drop Material to be stored Inside or Outside

Any drop material should be immediately marked with the proper part number on both ends of the piece.
    If the material is stored outside, it should then be placed on the cart and pushed outside for the material handler to put away.
    If stored inside, it should be put away as soon as all material is cut from that piece.

General Housekeeping

Work area should always be kept as neat and clean as possible.
    Aisle ways should always be kept clean.
    Saw should always be kept as clean as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom