• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    Today,I ordered a few shooting accessories ,from a well known supplier...when it came to check out,the site did not have a postage calculator,I was going to put it on my CC,but something told me to back up and check the MO instead...I placed the order,now what I ordered would fit in a lg padded folder..weight ,maybe 2lbs max..cost approx.$40........an hour or so later,I get my invoice....$22.00 for shipping!!!!...I replied back that that shipping was unacceptable and to cancel my order......a few minutes later,they e-mail me back that they can send it USPS(?)..for $5.80......????????? Watch your shipping costs !!

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Tried to order a leaf blower from Lowes. It qualified for free shipping except I "had" to buy a bottle of their pre-mixed 2 stroke fuel. Mandatory. The hitch? They couldn't ship the fuel. Solution......Lowes truck delivery $75. Yeah, right! :tongue01:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Today,I ordered a few shooting accessories ,from a well known supplier...when it came to check out,the site did not have a postage calculator,I was going to put it on my CC,but something told me to back up and check the MO instead...I placed the order,now what I ordered would fit in a lg padded folder..weight ,maybe 2lbs max..cost approx.$40........an hour or so later,I get my invoice....$22.00 for shipping!!!!...I replied back that that shipping was unacceptable and to cancel my order......a few minutes later,they e-mail me back that they can send it USPS(?)..for $5.80......????????? Watch your shipping costs !!

Which supplier?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Caveat Emptor

Clearly know and understand the total cost delivered to your door before you buy.

Always.

Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    I shouldn't say who it was,but I thought it is kinda shady,making up for good prices with high shipping fees....ok it was...SOG..

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I had same thing happen yesterday. Product was $6 cheaper at brownells, but midways shipping was $21 lower for overnight (wanted it before weekend :( )

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    High shipping prices are why I have all but stopped ordering anything from Midway. Actually tried to let one of their customer service reps know this and ended up in an argument as he insisted the cost is the cost. In this case, the shipping on a backpack was 40% of the overall cost. It weighed next to nothing and it arrived in a box so big they easily could have put four more backpacks in it. Duh. No wonder it cost so much.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've moved the thread to "recreational shooting", might fit in better here.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Midway dropped their shipping rates last month of so. A thread around somewhere.

And I have NEVER seen Brownell's high on shipping.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    High shipping prices are why I have all but stopped ordering anything from Midway. Actually tried to let one of their customer service reps know this and ended up in an argument as he insisted the cost is the cost. In this case, the shipping on a backpack was 40% of the overall cost. It weighed next to nothing and it arrived in a box so big they easily could have put four more backpacks in it. Duh. No wonder it cost so much.

I like midway a lot. I don't mind paying their shipping rates because they always have what I need (except powder) and have good customer service. Once in a while you can get shipping deals. For example, when they were selling bayonets for the K-31 with free shipping, I added some projectiles for $.99 shipping.

I hate that SOG doesn't tell you what they charge for shipping until after you order.

What did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    SOG isn't exactly high-speed when it comes to ecommerce. They're pretty "old school" and dated.

Your site sucks :D

Free shipping and a t shirt if you spend a hundred told the wife and she said if you don't get me a t shirt the couch will be for you . Needless to say I am still in the bedroom. :lol2:

Don't like mid way needed a bolt hold open spring for a remington 597 , spring was 4.97 with shipping was going to be over 25 screw that just means the mauser comes out more

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yes, consumers need to know their landed cost, incl freight, tax, any bs fees, etc.

seen some low costs on gunbot and the like, but they become very non-competitive when they add their shipping and handling charges in.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Your site sucks :D

Free shipping and a t shirt if you spend a hundred told the wife and she said if you don't get me a t shirt the couch will be for you . Needless to say I am still in the bedroom. :lol2:

Don't like mid way needed a bolt hold open spring for a remington 597 , spring was 4.97 with shipping was going to be over 25 screw that just means the mauser comes out more

Midway has lowered their rates and done away with the "special handling charge" for orders under $25. That extra charge is most likely why your shipping was so high. Check into it again if you still need the part.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I personally have cancelled a few Midway orders because of shipping costs.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom