• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capac2727

Aug 23, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    I looked at the SD40VE when I was shopping for my 40 and it just didn't seem to compare the M&P40 in quality. Hard to explain but it's like slamming the door on a Mercedes and hearing a solid thud versus slamming the door on a Kia and hearing a loose plastic rattling sound. I love my M&P40 and for me it was totally worth the extra $. I also looked at Walther's full size pistol (can't recall the model at the moment; I think it's a PPQ?) because I heard great reviews about its trigger and I have to admit the trigger was awesome but I couldn't stand the placement/shape of the magazine release. A coworker of mine ended up buying one and he's happy with it but the mag release bothers him as well. I understand they've released a new version of the pistol with a standard mag release so they may be worth a look. Still think you couldn't go wrong with the M&P though. Enjoy the new purchase whatever you get! :-)

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I looked at the SD40VE when I was shopping for my 40 and it just didn't seem to compare the M&P40 in quality. Hard to explain but it's like slamming the door on a Mercedes and hearing a solid thud versus slamming the door on a Kia and hearing a loose plastic rattling sound. I love my M&P40 and for me it was totally worth the extra $. I also looked at Walther's full size pistol (can't recall the model at the moment; I think it's a PPQ?) because I heard great reviews about its trigger and I have to admit the trigger was awesome but I couldn't stand the placement/shape of the magazine release. A coworker of mine ended up buying one and he's happy with it but the mag release bothers him as well. I understand they've released a new version of the pistol with a standard mag release so they may be worth a look. Still think you couldn't go wrong with the M&P though. Enjoy the new purchase whatever you get! :-)

I looked at an SD9VE and M&P9 and decided on the M&P. Like you I feel the M&P warrants the extra $200. Really no comparison if you hold them both in your hand.

Also, I understand your Mercedes/Kia comparison -- but hey, my Kia is pretty nice and doesn't rattle. They've come a long way! :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom