• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Jul 29, 2011
    NY
    I am willing to bet they have done studies to show their mailings bring in much needed money. I know I send them a few $$ from time to time after receiving them or getting a call. I don't think they would be doing this if they were losing money on it.

BusDriver

Livin the hillbilly dream
    Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    I am willing to bet they have done studies to show their mailings bring in much needed money. I know I send them a few $$ from time to time after receiving them or getting a call. I don't think they would be doing this if they were losing money on it.

You gave me an idea . I am going to contact them and find out .

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I found then when I signed up for a life membership, the junk mail dropped WAY off.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So what are you suggesting ? I would bet if everyone was a life member the amount of junk mail would still be the same .

Simply that if you think you might want to become a life member, it would seem that enrolling will get you off the mailing list. I have no idea how to bring about organizational change.

BusDriver

Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    Simply that if you think you might want to become a life member, it would seem that enrolling will get you off the mailing list. I have no idea how to bring about organizational change.

Maybe that can be the new slogan . Become a NRA life member now and we won't send you junk mail . I'll give you all a suggestion on how to bring about organizational change . Just drop them a line and tell want you think about it . The more that do this it might bring about change . I would rather see a balance . Put some more money into youth programs that educate and/or promote the shooting sports, hunting ,whatever . Just my 4 cents .

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I don't want to opt out . I would like them to stop wasting money on junk mail . You would think that they could put that money to better use .

the NRA makes money sending you junk mail. how? those folks who are an endorsed vendor sends mailings out to you in hopes to get business. even if you do not respond to the business offers, they pay the NRA accordingly. kinda like how the phone book makes money listing advertisers. or say the post office delivering junk mail to you. if you are truly annoyed at the junk mail call 1-800-672-3888. have your member number handy and ask them to remove you from the promotional campaigns or promo offers. it may take a coupla calls to make sure all databases are notified, but the junk will stop.

while on the topic of the NRA, did you know you have to go online and activate your $2,500.00 armscare insurance policy as well as your $5,000.00 accidental death and property insurance policy. if you have an event and you haven't activated the policies, you can't file a legitimate claim. i am a recruiter and if you have any other questions, PM me or keep it up on this thread so other NRA members who aren't aware of their benefits package can be notified as well.

BusDriver

Feb 28, 2007
    The Hill Country
    the NRA makes money sending you junk mail. how? those folks who are an endorsed vendor sends mailings out to you in hopes to get business. even if you do not respond to the business offers, they pay the NRA accordingly. kinda like how the phone book makes money listing advertisers. or say the post office delivering junk mail to you. if you are truly annoyed at the junk mail call 1-800-672-3888. have your member number handy and ask them to remove you from the promotional campaigns or promo offers. it may take a coupla calls to make sure all databases are notified, but the junk will stop.

while on the topic of the NRA, did you know you have to go online and activate your $2,500.00 armscare insurance policy as well as your $5,000.00 accidental death and property insurance policy. if you have an event and you haven't activated the policies, you can't file a legitimate claim. i am a recruiter and if you have any other questions, PM me or keep it up on this thread so other NRA members who aren't aware of their benefits package can be notified as well.

Thank you . I will do this . I knew I would get the right answer here sooner or later .

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    Thank you . I will do this . I knew I would get the right answer here sooner or later .

Just something to think about... NRA uses list rental as part of their income. By removing yourself from this channel of promotions and other random crap you are reducing the amount of list rental income coming to the NRA where they have zero cost involved. The marketers pay for the list regardless of if they sell their trinkets or not. If you aren't on the list that is one less name to be profited from by the NRA.

The junk mail is crap but by being on the list you are passively helping the NRA.

BTW, I do not work for the NRA, I do however raise money online for a number of different Non-Profits so maybe I have a slightly different slant on things.

Mike

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have this problem where this forum I routinely visit is junked up by the same tired rant against a RKBA organization for the amount of mail it sends. It's Ground Hog day.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Its cheaper for them to mass mail everyone than to just try to target people...

You can always call member services and opt out, if you'd like.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I asked NRA years ago and was told when i renewed to write "No Promo" on my renewal form and i have got almost nothing sence.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    "If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it." ~ Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom