• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CosmosJames

Feb 18, 2022
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm keeping my eyes out for a Big Boy X in .44 magnum. I called a few shops, but none close by that I can locate has one (even to examine). I work in NC, so I will ask at a few shops I drive by on my way down there. I wish we could still trade because I'd trade a lot for a Henry Big Boy X if it was allowed.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I like that they finally added the loading gate but still have the removable tube cap. It gives you the option of unloading without having to cycle the rounds through the action. I know on Marlin's you can unload them through the gate but it's really not that easy and still gouges the brass sometimes.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I like that they finally added the loading gate but still have the removable tube cap. It gives you the option of unloading without having to cycle the rounds through the action. I know on Marlin's you can unload them through the gate but it's really not that easy and still gouges the brass sometimes.

Options are good. My levers are usually only loaded with three rounds. Figure it usually only requires one, two maybe. Third is for peace of mind. At the end of the day, I don’t have to cycle through 6 or 10 rounds. :)

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The first link is an outright scam. The second is a drop shipper that will take your money but might never fill the order.

Just posting links: I have done business with Battle Hawk Armory and had no issues. Like anything else it is up to each individual to check references and assume responsibility for their actions.

StoneyWV

Sep 11, 2013
    I ordered mine about this time last year and it showed up in August. Mikes Armory Store out of Oklahoma and paid exact retail of the gun and the shipping was free.
    Overall the fit and finish are great on the gun, but she's got some weight. I got it for my dad to use when he comes to MD to hunt with me and in hindsight I would have just purchased him the Ruger bolt action to hunt with as it would have been at least 1.5lbs lighter. For plinking or action shooting this would be a fun addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom