• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    A buddy of mine came by today and asked if I would tag along while he looked at an old revolver he was thinking of getting. It's his first revolver and his first Colt.

She's a 1919 Police Positive in .32. He almost passed on it when I told him I would buy it if he didn't.

It was $150.

ForumRunner_20130220_134448.jpg

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I truly do not think the pawn shop that had it appreciated it, nor does my buddy who bought it. I hope that what I told him about it sticks with him and he realizes what kind of deal he just found.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Was he looking for a shooter or collector?

An occasional shooter. This is going to be a "house gun" for his wife and not something that is going to see heavy use. We found him some ammo for it as well.

The only thing that I don't like about it is a previous owner bobbed the hammer.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    For what it's worth, I find these things because it's all I do. I'm a stay at home dad. Once I have things done around the house, I can search while the laundry is going or the dishwasher is on. I spend a lot of my time finding deals like this....leaving my number with people all over the place so they can let me know when deals like this pop up.....if people are looking for certain guns at certain prices, I can usually find them.

It's just a little hobby. If I can't buy anything right now, there's no reason I can't help others find what they are looking for. The hunt still thrills me just as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom