• ...and so much more!
  • dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The Bushnell with high rise mount cowitnesses properly with most flip up sights. I don’t think BUIS are exactly a set standard for height, but most do seem to be the same height.

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Not quite sure how to answer this question. I don't know the difference, or advantage, for either.

As for the red dot I was thinking of something like this. Budget dictates selection. Only plan to shoot paper at 100 yards, or so.

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-AR7...rd_wg=Wanup&psc=1&refRID=XTXDDC7DJGM9ZCZWZ6NE

With that sight, you should have the option for either styles of co-witnessing. For absolute, where the red dot will line up with your rear and front sight simultaneously, you will probably forego the included riser and attach the sight directly to the M-1913 Picatinny flat top of your receiver. Should you decide to go 1/3 co-witness, you'll simply add the included riser. Check out this video for an explaination of the different co-witnessing methods I mentioned.

The Bushnell with high rise mount cowitnesses properly with most flip up sights. I don’t think BUIS are exactly a set standard for height, but most do seem to be the same height.

There is a standard height for BUS.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    With that sight, you should have the option for either styles of co-witnessing. For absolute, where the red dot will line up with your rear and front sight simultaneously, you will probably forego the included riser and attach the sight directly to the M-1913 Picatinny flat top of your receiver. Should you decide to go 1/3 co-witness, you'll simply add the included riser. Check out this video for an explaination of the different co-witnessing methods I mentioned.

There is a standard height for BUS.

Thanks for you input. I will study up using your links. Much appreciated. :)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The Bushnell trs-25 needs a .83” (.86”?) riser, which is the same as what comes with the Bushnell AR Redot. That gives absolute cowitness with 3 different BUIS I’ve tried.

The TRS-25 itself is real low.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    The Bushnell trs-25 needs a .83” (.86”?) riser, which is the same as what comes with the Bushnell AR Redot. That gives absolute cowitness with 3 different BUIS I’ve tried.

The TRS-25 itself is real low.

Thanks for your insight. It appears that purchasing the TRS25 with the riser I should be good to go.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The rear sight you linked is not a flip up. It is a fixed A2 sight. Pwronally I prefer fixed ovwr the flip ups.

The TRS 25 is also a great choice for a budget red dot. To dave some cash you can buy the TRS 25 by itself and buy the leapers/UTG riser separately. Buy the full cowitness riser, it's the right place to start.

Overall it'll be a good budget setup for you. You can upgrade or play with other options down the road, but this will get you shooting

Ebay is a great place to look for TRS 25s. A lot of people upgrade and sell thier old ones there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom