• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Was on armslist last night and found an arsenal slr 101s for sale in pa.

with a hardcase 2 scope mounts and 4 circle 10 mags for $700?

Emailed the seller back and forth wanted me to send money order to an address in a bmore suburb said his friend was retired military did stuff from home kept calling him he.

but the name on the money order he wanted it made to was nina bean.

looked her up and said she is a real estate agent.

looks to good to be true.

any thoughts

Needless to say I havent sent money order yet

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Thanks sir I figured. I asked for his ffl email to give to mine and he beat around the bush.

you know if its too good to be true it usually is lol

he the turn weapon not firearm and dealer instead of ffl which was the first immediate red flag

marquis708

BANNED!!!
    Feb 6, 2013
    MD.
    armlist have plenty scammers. I ran into a scammer on armlist and the deal was truly too good to be true.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    military receiver, just never had the 3rd hole drilled. does have the x and y stamps though, so for a realistic gun it's about as close as you can get. sight blocks and gas block COULD have cant, but even if they do more often than not it's not even an issue. i have experience straightening it though if you get it, it has it, and you don't like it.

if you don't mind my asking, what's the asking price?

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    military receiver, just never had the 3rd hole drilled. does have the x and y stamps though, so for a realistic gun it's about as close as you can get. sight blocks and gas block COULD have cant, but even if they do more often than not it's not even an issue. i have experience straightening it though if you get it, it has it, and you don't like it.

if you don't mind my asking, what's the asking price?

$705

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    been seeing WASR's going for that much. much better deal. they don't necessarily have all the "naughty" features, but they're dead-solid reliable shooters, as accurate as any other ak, and collectible too due to their limited numbers in the country.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    been seeing WASR's going for that much. much better deal. they don't necessarily have all the "naughty" features, but they're dead-solid reliable shooters, as accurate as any other ak, and collectible too due to their limited numbers in the country.

Yeah I want another ak but don't have enough for some ofbthe higher ends like arsenals im trying to find something economical.

Not because I'm a cheapass I simply just cant afford it so the m+m is what I was thinking a lil nicer than wasr but the sar 1 could be good id just have someone thread the barrel for me

Feb 28, 2013
    I see you're in Hagerstown. Is this gal far from you? See if she'll meet you FTF at a Fedex place or somewhere like that. Don't pay her until the gun is on it's way to your dealer.

If they won't agree to that, it's definitely a scam.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Depending on the rifle it may be easier/cheaper to get a threaded fsb and replace the existing one. You could also change out gas block at the same time with one that has a bayo lug if the rifle has been neutered. I'd be happy to help with any of that (and I'm cheap labor too ;)).

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Depending on the rifle it may be easier/cheaper to get a threaded fsb and replace the existing one. You could also change out gas block at the same time with one that has a bayo lug if the rifle has been neutered. I'd be happy to help with any of that (and I'm cheap labor too ;)).

Id like to replace the sights I have now maybe with some night sights perhaps but ive never changed sights on an ak before.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I live by the adage, "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is". I may have missed some deals with this kind of thinking, but I have not been burnt either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom