• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    looking for a higher cap capable 45

here is what I have so far in the running

FNX Tactical. $1300 15rounds here they can be tricky to service finding parts can be tough

sig P227 $1200 14 avaible in other free states ( havnt gotten to even fire my 228 yet so no opinion)

Glock 41/21 600 ( i think the 21 is the fullsized) 12 can get extensions ( g4 17 i have not crazy about

M&P 45 600$ ( isnt this basicly a glock)

Px4 storm 45.. have a 9mm already

to be honest im not sure how i feel about the glock / striker fired as something about it just isnt stroking my motor persay. maybe its just gonna be my goto range/ just to take people shooting gun.

Is there anything that im missing. ?? a model i havnt considered?
    Uses, taking into the woods for backwoods hiking,
    ( even thought about 10mm with real loads not pussed down ones)

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    The HK 45 has my vote. It's the most comfortable 45 out there to me. The FNX is second, not as comfortable, but how can you not like a 15 shot 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    looking for a higher cap capable 45

here is what I have so far in the running

FNX Tactical. $1300 15rounds here they can be tricky to service finding parts can be tough

sig P227 $1200 14 avaible in other free states ( havnt gotten to even fire my 228 yet so no opinion)

Glock 41/21 600 ( i think the 21 is the fullsized) 12 can get extensions ( g4 17 i have not crazy about

M&P 45 600$ ( isnt this basicly a glock)

Px4 storm 45.. have a 9mm already

to be honest im not sure how i feel about the glock / striker fired as something about it just isnt stroking my motor persay. maybe its just gonna be my goto range/ just to take people shooting gun.

Is there anything that im missing. ?? a model i havnt considered?
    Uses, taking into the woods for backwoods hiking,
    ( even thought about 10mm with real loads not pussed down ones)

If you are comfortable with a glock, a glock 20 Gen4 would be my pick for that duty.

15 rounds of 10mm, what's not to like?

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    i havnt had a chance to put serious lead down range with my g17. so on the glock im kind of like it works.. i feel like its the honda civic of the gun world it does what it does. no flair nothing stands out lol. nothing about my glock makes me want to come back and shoot it again and again.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    I really enjoy the Springfield XDM 5.25 45 Competition. A pleasure to shoot all 14 rounds.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Shoot my .45 M&P with the verified 3.5# pull and try to call it a Glock afterwards. ;)

Have a FN .45, don't like it.

HK, have one, USP .45, love everything - except the trigger. Loooong pull, loooong reset.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Para Ordnance P14. Had one for 25 years and still love it. Shoots like a dream, never a malfunction. First .45 I ever bought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That 227 is a sweet feeling double. In my opinion, it has the same feel as a 226. I threw the BS flag when they said they could pull that off. Admittedly, I was wrong.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    step up in price from what you listed, but look at sti 2011 double stacks. great ergo's and trigger of a 1911 with 2x the capacity.

but you won't go wrong with glock 21.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    i havnt had a chance to put serious lead down range with my g17. so on the glock im kind of like it works.. i feel like its the honda civic of the gun world it does what it does. no flair nothing stands out lol. nothing about my glock makes me want to come back and shoot it again and again.

Does it really matter if it is your backwoods hiking gun? How often would you be shooting it?

TBH, I don't really care for Glocks, but this is one of a few offerings they have that stands out. Everything else (.45's) has more issues regarding weight, capacity, size and price.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    best to shoot a few, and see what you like. FN used to be under-rated, now it's over-priced, for the money, you are deep in HK territory, which has a few models that are more ergonomic, handle recoil better, and at least to me fit my hand better, the HK45 is wonderful, should be considered. Pretty much anything double stack in 45 will be heavy and large, but there is a big difference between the pistols with mags running double stack close to the top(GLOCK, FNX) and those with a narrower staggered section near the top(M&P, HK45), they do feel quite a bit slimmer. Also depends on your intended purpose, in many cases a single stack has a nice slender feel, and a couple fewer rounds won't matter at the range.

I have handled the Sig p227, for 2 more rounds, the grip is much wider, and loses the slim quick feel of the P220, along with the DAK and SAO variants I prefer over the standard DA/SA, it also has the lowest grip/highest bore axis, and a fair amount of muzzle flip. The G21 feels a good bit smaller than the FNX, even the HK USP45, 4th gen and SF models have a short and wide grip, my favorite grip shape of all GLOCKs, really low bore axis, recoil is very controllable, and very simple. The M&P 45 are rounded and organic, slimmer grip than most of the rest, low bore axis, but the trigger sucks, it lacks feedback, and is not very consistent.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Until some apex parts get thrown in.

Although the reset is still a bit soft, especially when compared to any Glock.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    1911 and...
    hqdefault.jpg

50 beats of the drum. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW