Help me find a MD Silencerco Dealer (IP preferred)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    I am ready to purchase my 1st suppressor & am hoping to get a Silencerco Sparrow (.22lr).

I don't think I'm going to do the Trust route however.

I need a dealer that I can go to & they will help me through the process.

I live in Elkton, MD so the closer to me the better.

Any recommendations for a gun shop that can help a NFA newbie like me would be appreciated.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I am ready to purchase my 1st suppressor & am hoping to get a Silencerco Sparrow (.22lr).

I don't think I'm going to do the Trust route however.

I need a dealer that I can go to & they will help me through the process.

I live in Elkton, MD so the closer to me the better.

Any recommendations for a gun shop that can help a NFA newbie like me would be appreciated.

I was going to suggest Duffy's. But... then I googled where Elkton was... LOL

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I was going to suggest Duffy's. But... then I googled where Elkton was... LOL

I was curious myself, because it couldn't be that far...but damn, Elkton really is out there. An alternative to driving to the closest Class 3 IP is do deal with a preferred IP, but do all the paperwork via snail mail.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Yeah Elkton... Cecil County...the forgotten MD County. Nothing is close. I haven't gotten HQL yet cuz can't find time to get to Bel Air (closest livescan) when their open cuz I'm working!
    The NFA Trust route makes sense but was hoping to pull this off w/out wife seeing exactly how much this whole thing costs ya know...
    I hear a lot of u talk about various gun shops then I google them & yeah... Kinda far.
    Sux cuz I have the $ now but they make this shit such a pain in the ass to get done

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    Yeah Elkton... Cecil County...the forgotten MD County. Nothing is close. I haven't gotten HQL yet cuz can't find time to get to Bel Air (closest livescan) when their open cuz I'm working!
    The NFA Trust route makes sense but was hoping to pull this off w/out wife seeing exactly how much this whole thing costs ya know...
    I hear a lot of u talk about various gun shops then I google them & yeah... Kinda far.
    Sux cuz I have the $ now but they make this shit such a pain in the ass to get done

Just a FYI the Cecil Community College has a livescan machine. I send a lot of my customers there since it is so close to me.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Nate is closer than Ocean City. Duffy's and 2A are even closer. I know people whose kids travel 50-75 miles to school, everyday.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not to hijack the thread, but can a buyer purchase a silencer from an out of state vendor? Lets say, you live in MD and there is a vendor in PA that has a silencer that you want to buy. Is there a regulation that says you have to buy the silencer in your state of residence?

Just curious.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Not to hijack the thread, but can a buyer purchase a silencer from an out of state vendor?

Yes, you can purchase from out of state. It just has to transfer to an instate SOT and THEN transfer to you. Keep in mind that instate purchase from an SOT with the item in stock, will a be faster overall transfer to you. And you will avoid a dealer transfer fee.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Not to hijack the thread, but can a buyer purchase a silencer from an out of state vendor? Lets say, you live in MD and there is a vendor in PA that has a silencer that you want to buy. Is there a regulation that says you have to buy the silencer in your state of residence?

Just curious.

Yes, you can purchase from out of state. It just has to transfer to an instate SOT and THEN transfer to you. Keep in mind that instate purchase from an SOT with the item in stock, will a be faster overall transfer to you. And you will avoid a dealer transfer fee.

Funny this was brought up because I've NEVER purchased a firearm in MD. I've bought either in PA or DE & have just had regulated items shipped to local guys w/FFL that do transfer for me.
    W/this NFA item I would rather just do the whole thing in MD. The process is complicated enough.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Funny this was brought up because I've NEVER purchased a firearm in MD. I've bought either in PA or DE & have just had regulated items shipped to local guys w/FFL that do transfer for me.
    W/this NFA item I would rather just do the whole thing in MD. The process is complicated enough.

Its not complicated, get a trust, go to store and pay for it, mail out paperwork and wait.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

I was actually talking about doing the paperwork and taking possession of the silencer at the out of state SOT store.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No. You can't do that.

I know you can't but why not? If you get your fingerprints and your sign off done in your state, I wonder why you can't take possession of a silencer at an out of state SOT? Since the purchase is mandated by a Federal Form and your stamp is of course a Federal Stamp, what difference would it make where you take possession?

Just curious.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Its not complicated, get a trust, go to store and pay for it, mail out paperwork and wait.

To some maybe not... To me at this point w/everything else going on, the Trust part is the part that will be just enough for me to not deal with it for now... Maybe later on in life.

As I said in my original post, im OK w/NOT doing the trust. Im not gonna be passing this on, im gonna be the only user, etc..

Another member mentioned a dealer in Bel Air & I'm probably gonna give them a call within the week

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I know you can't but why not? If you get your fingerprints and your sign off done in your state, I wonder why you can't take possession of a silencer at an out of state SOT? Since the purchase is mandated by a Federal Form and your stamp is of course a Federal Stamp, what difference would it make where you take possession?

Just curious.

Federal Law states that you have to buy a gun within your state. There is then an exception for long guns from out of state FFLs (private sales across state lines are still a big no-no). So, long guns can be bought OOS from an FFL, which are rifles and shotguns.

Like most gun laws, do not try to make them make sense. You will go insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom