• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    Allegany County/Frostburg
    I have a remington 700 with a leopuld mark ii scope that im trying to sell, but i'm not sure what type it is. i can't seem to id it because the stuff I read off the barrel doesn't seem to jive with any id book i've read. I need to know so I know what price to ask for it. The 2 letters I see clearly are l and g and then it looks like a u or w but in a different font of some type so im thinking its not part of it. also it just says remington 700...no adl or bdl so I'm in the dark. Soooooooooooo....

Question 1- What is it?
    Question 2- How much is it worth?
    Question 3- Is anybody interested in doing a trade for this rifle and a little cash for a cheaper hunting rifle. I've fallen on some hard times during college and need a little dough. Thanks for your help guys.

ps....Also I measured the barrel and it seems to be about 22 inches long. its a .270 caliber as well.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I have a 700 BDL I bought new in 1981/2.
    It has a high gloss wood stock with a black for end tip. It has the quick release floor plate. I am pretty sure it has a jeweled bolt?
    It is a safe queen that i have not handled in years. I used to hunt with it but I did not like the scratches that it earned, so I retired it to the safe.

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    yes has a glossy finish and it does have a button in the trigger guard that dumps the bottom floorplate. i'm wanting to trade down to get anotehr gun and some cash.its gota great leupold mark ii scope that i may put in the trade, but i may just trade the rifle for a lesser rifle and some cash and keep the scope to put on the other rifle. Please spread the word and make some offers guys

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    i cant find my camera at the moment but it has a quick open floorplate which i read somewhere that that would make it at least a bdl because the adl doesnt have one of those

It could also be a "Classic" which had the hinged floorplate and jeweled bolt but the foretip was walnut like the rest of the stock, no rosewood.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just run the serial with Remington. I can't imagine IDing a modern gun to be a challenge. Or post a full picture ... Some detail shots too. Lot of smart guys around here that could help.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    This is the 700 BDL I am talking about. Not mine, stock photo from the Internet.

Attachments

• Rem700BDL03.jpg
      Rem700BDL03.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 124

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    yeah it looks like that one above right there. does it say bdl on it anywhere though? mine doesn't

also price wise i'm wondering where the rifle would stand. it's a .270...dunno if that caliber would make it more or less price wise. Plus the leupold mark ii scope. any ideas? i'm looking em up on gunbrokers but i'd like some of your opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom