• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anthem4arequiem

Jul 10, 2012
    Lexington Park
    I inherited a Winchester Model 25, for those that don't know it is like the famous model 12 but (as I have found out :lol2:) harder to disassemble and not as valuable. Anyways I got an owners manual from Winchester but it is not very helpful, I still can't get it apart for cleaning. I was able to get the magazine tube off but the barrel is on there good. I assumed it should just pull off at this point, but no luck. Is it just that dirty or am I missing some thing? Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Somewhat like a model 12, the barrel has threads that fit it into the receiver, I think you have to turn the mag end to unscrew the end, then the barrel rotates clockwise to loosen it in the receiver then pull it out. As far as bolt & trigger group, remove screw behind tang, pull trigger group forward and up to remove, you'll see 2 taps on side of bolt, use small screw driver and push one in to release the bolt, the bolt will slide backward and downward to remove.

anthem4arequiem

Jul 10, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Somewhat like a model 12, the barrel has threads that fit it into the receiver, I think you have to turn the mag end to unscrew the end, then the barrel rotates clockwise to loosen it in the receiver then pull it out. As far as bolt & trigger group, remove screw behind tang, pull trigger group forward and up to remove, you'll see 2 taps on side of bolt, use small screw driver and push one in to release the bolt, the bolt will slide backward and downward to remove.

Thanks. I can get everything else off except the barrel. Based on what you said, it looks like it is seized from sitting in a closet for 30 years. Grandad probably didn't get it all the way clean from the last time he shot it. I found how the magazine is removed, unlike the model 12 the barrel and magazine don't come off in one piece. I hope it is like you said, just a twist and pull.

anthem4arequiem

Jul 10, 2012
    Lexington Park
    For anyone that may care I found the answer. The barrel can't be removed from the model 25, which is why it wasn't a popular gun. Still fun to shoot since it operates like the Winchester Model 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom